flying to SA through Newark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

flying to SA through Newark

Has anyone flow the Newark w/ a bow lately. I have a trip coming up and want to know what it will be like coming back and going through customs. I have heard it can be hit or miss. What's the process like coming back traveling w/ a bow in a large SKB bow case. Will I have to go through customs and have the case checked, if so any clue how long it will take or what I will need to do, Thanks.

You'll have a better chance of a reply on Africahunting.com

Comment

I've flown thru Newark several times returning from Canada with my bow. Never had any issues at all. They treat it no different than golf clubs or snow skis. Now, telling a young black TSA lady that you have a bear in a cooler is an altogether different story.

Comment

I fly to and from Newark often with guns back and forth to San Antonio. Never an issue. But what I do is when I check my big case, I have big zip ties around the case. So no matter how the baggage handlers handle my gun/bow case. It will not open. Safe travels and hunt safe.

Comment

Flew DFW to Newark to J'Oberg in Sept but with a Terra Glide bowcase and was ask once it it was a gun case. I said NO and that is the only time I was asked what it was or had to open it. It is black and does not look like a gun or rifle case.

Not much help.

Comment

Make sure you have insurance on your bow!!! Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I've flown thru Newark several times returning from Canada with my bow. Never had any issues at all. They treat it no different than golf clubs or snow skis. Now, telling a young black TSA lady that you have a bear in a cooler is an altogether different story.
              Funny **** right there

Comment

Working...
              X