Will Smith punched Chris Rock at the Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    It’s ok for you to be shocked. Not all men are made the same.

If a few more men were punched in the face for their actions the world would be a better place imo.

WWJDD

What would John wayne do?
    Not all women are made the same either. My wife would be embarrassed if I slapped or Tyson punched another man for making a joke about her. I would not embarass her just to appease myself simply because some think it's weak not to defend your wife's honor over a joke.

Comment

When I hear "Assault" I think of something good - not a slap in the face.

That being said, what Will Smith did was unacceptable. That cannot be allowed to happen.

I had no idea that words hurt so many people in this way. I get being held accountable for your "actions". But petty jokes/insults wouldn't fall under that category for me.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Not all women are made the same either. My wife would be embarrassed if I slapped or Tyson punched another man for making a joke about her. I would not embarass her just to appease myself simply because some think it's weak not to defend your wife's honor over a joke.

Like I said, not all men are made the same.

I’ve never had my wife insulted at the Oscars, but I have been in a bar when another man was very disrespectful to her. I made sure he never did it again and I wasn’t concerned if whoopin him embarrassed my wife or not. The man grabbed her butt and made a crude comment towards her. He’s never looked the same in a mirror since. It has nothin to do with appeasing myself. It was about respect for my wife and a man than desperately needed to learn some manners. He did!

To each his own. You do you.

That being said, after seeing the video again and reading about the incident at the Oscars, I think Will overreacted. That could have been addressed after the show. Will did what he thought was best at the moment. That’s all a man can do and deal with the consequences later.
        Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-29-2022, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DOUBLE-Z View Post
          . I dont assualt people when my wife doesnt like what they said. Im an adult...
          I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            I do.

You would assault someone over a Mcrib, so that doesn't count.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
              I saw this article and read lots of comments on several platforms, but I'm going to stick by my thoughts - it's about time men started standing up for their wives. I was raised with chivalry and husbands should defend their wife and their wife's honor.

Yes, she cheated on him but he obviously forgave her. That story is between them to work out. There's another lesson for people about forgiveness for everyone. (I can't say I'd forgive my husband if he cheated on me.)

I agree with you regarding the rolls and responsibilities of being a man.

I also agree with you about forgiveness and the consequences of cheating. Early on, I made it very clear to my husband that if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn’t leave him; that would be too easy. No, I’d stick around and make his life a living hell.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                I do.

im guessing your wife doesnt have many friends

Comment

Im mostly shocked at how many of you believe its okay to hit (assault) another human being because of something they said.

Im not 13 years old, so im not going to hit you when my feelings are hurt, or when my wifes feelings are hurt. I dont assualt people when my wife doesnt like what they said. Im an adult...
                  You're free to do as you see fit.

My wife is perfectly capable of handling herself as an adult, and neither of us are prone to get our "feelings hurt". But if someone is disrespectful to her in such a way that crosses a line, I will absolutely hit them and live with the consequences. I'm an adult.

Comment

Will Smith punched Chris Rock at the Oscars

im guessing your wife doesnt have many friends
                    She has plenty. He doesn't though....he's a loner..

Comment

Does there exist a still-image where Smith's hand is in contact with Rock's face? All I see is the follow-through picture online. The video looks like he doesn't even actually hit him. As if they were... acting. You know there has to be a picture of the contact out there if it actually happened with all the cameras present.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        I agree with you regarding the rolls and responsibilities of being a man.

I also agree with you about forgiveness and the consequences of cheating. Early on, I made it very clear to my husband that if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn’t leave him; that would be too easy. No, I’d stick around and make his life a living hell.
                        Wow that's another way to handle that situation!
                        respect

Comment

lol https://deadline.com/2022/03/jada-sm...rs-1234989505/

Gets more comical every day. Just a bunch of "look at me, look at me"

Comment

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7u9_z7ZSnk"]Will Smith making a bald joke - Arsenio 1991 - YouTube[/ame]

Just gonna leave this right here for your viewing pleasure

Comment

Like I said, not all men are made the same.

I’ve never had my wife insulted at the Oscars, but I have been in a bar when another man was very disrespectful to her. I made sure he never did it again and I wasn’t concerned if whoopin him embarrassed my wife or not. The man grabbed her butt and made a crude comment towards her. He’s never looked the same in a mirror since. It has nothin to do with appeasing myself. It was about respect for my wife and a man than desperately needed to learn some manners. He did!

To each his own. You do you.

That being said, after seeing the video again and reading about the incident at the Oscars, I think Will overreacted. That could have been addressed after the show. Will did what he thought was best at the moment. That’s all a man can do and deal with the consequences later.
                              Now if someone puts their hands on your wife, that is a whole different level!

Comment

Like I said, any man who publicly allows his wife to sleep around opens himself up for it. Anyone that stupid better be ****ed tough.... I bet he wouldn't have put his booger hooks on Dave Chappelle though...

Comment

Working...
                                X