Remington 73million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remington 73million

Just seen where Remington settled to pay the Sandy Hook families 73million.

Hmm, the article I read said the amount was not disclosed, although it did say that Remington offered 33 mil to begin with. Link ?

Comment

Yup hammer, knife, pipe, wood, brick ,vehicle, etc... manufacturers better be on the look out!

Comment

Wait why is Remington paying them? Does that just happen to be the maker of the firearm the nut used to kill them?

Comment

Bad precedent set with that settlement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

SCOTUS refused to hear the case. One of their worst decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
              Hmm, the article I read said the amount was not disclosed, although it did say that Remington offered 33 mil to begin with. Link ?
              The families and a survivor of the shooting sued Remington in 2015, saying the company should have never sold such a dangerous weapon to the public.

Comment

Sad deal. I agree with others its going to get to where people are scared to fart in public in this country for fear of getting sued.

Comment

Thanks, I guess somebody disclosed it.

I’m sorry for the loss of life, but I personally think anyone who sues a third party for selling a legal product is scum. The Bible says the love of money is the root of all evil, proof is out there every day.

Comment

I read this earlier....

The suit centered around Remington's marketing by paying to have that particular rifle featured in a shoot-em-up video game played by young male adolescents. Kind of a dumb marketing strategy to begin with, but that was really all the suit had on Remington.

Comment

This is not good at all. When can we start suing big pharma?

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                        I read this earlier....

The suit centered around Remington's marketing by paying to have that particular rifle featured in a shoot-em-up video game played by young male adolescents. Kind of a dumb marketing strategy to begin with, but that was really all the suit had on Remington.
                        I agree. But if I were those families lawyer and just got this settlement. I would FOR SURE sue the company who designed and sold that game and the stores that sold it. Networks who allowed a commercial to run for that game. Stores that promoted and sold the model of riffle that was used.
                        Might as well go all the way with it.

Comment

Why did they pay anything?

Comment

So…If I am fat can I sue the grocery store?

It is their fault for advertising good

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                              Sad deal. I agree with others its going to get to where people are scared to fart in public in this country for fear of getting sued.
                              Yep our insurance company reminded us that they will not cover us under individual insurance if a have any signage ( like our brand or telephone # ) afraid of commercial lawsuits

Comment

Working...
                              X