Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pit bull and Rotwieller just killed three calves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pit bull and Rotwieller just killed three calves.

How would you deal with it?

Before I tell you how my 83 year-old father dealt with it, I would like to hear some opinions.

Be careful, my old man now owns the dog owners.

Sss

Comment

230grains each, and someone best be opening up their checkbook.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Protect your livestock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It is legal to protect your livestock as stated by Mr McCoy.

Comment

If i saw them in process, they would have died on the spot. If i had pictures of it or had a witness tell me, I would be visiting the dog owners with the sheriff and a bill for the calves along with a warning of what would happen if I found the dogs on my property around my cows again.

Most people don't realize how quickly dogs can turn feral when they start running in a pack. There is nothing more ruthless than a pack of dogs. I have driven up on feral dogs killing calves and it is a brutal sight. I don't know of any way to break them from it once they get started on it either.

Comment

I would require payment for the calves, now.

Comment

SSS...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dead dogs and payment for lost revenue.
                  And then an azz whipping if he gave me lip.

Comment

I know how I dealt with it when a neighbor’s pit killed my kid’s little horse 20 years ago. Pit’s are born brutal killers. Not looking to debate what kind of pet they are, when they get a chance to kill, they will. I have no use for them.

Comment

I have long trench dug at the back of my place aint nothing but a back drag of the tractor bucket for me.

Comment

There is a back story to this. My father bought 18 acres of a dairy, just to get the barns and corrals that are next to our property. An a-hole neighbor bought the rest of the dairy, thinking he could force us out.

They renovated the dairy farm house, then rented it to the dog owners.

We are in a war, with a dip-s--hit, named Bill Lampman.

Here is how my old man wins.
                        Dog Owners: We killed one dog, and the other has been sent to the pound.

Dad: So, you have gotten rid of the dogs. We are good. You killed the dogs, and I will accept the loss of calves.

Dog Owner: Thank you! I am sorry! What else can I do?

Dad: What ever I ask, and you will not question it.

Comment

Originally posted by one66stang View Post
                          I have long trench dug at the back of my place aint nothing but a back drag of the tractor bucket for me.
                          Lol, I like his style. Those dogs would never be seen again if it were my calves. Too many **** “woke” people these days.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                            It is legal to protect your livestock as stated by Mr McCoy.
                            I’d have to look it up but I think there is an exception in TX to killing dogs in the course of protecting livestock. Regardless, as long as he, “felt threatened,” he would be legally justified in shooting them.

Glad the way it turned out he didn’t need a defense.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X