Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

John roberts once again voting with the commies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John roberts once again voting with the commies!

Supreme Court voted 5-4 that the census can ask about citizenship, but sent case back to lower court, so no citizenship question in 2020.

So tired of this guy! Time after time voting with liberal justices. This WILL affect representation. Bull****

The same people who got something on Jeff Sessions, got something on John Roberts.

Can't explain their behavior any other way.

Comment

Terrible.
      Not sure what his deal is but its costing the country.

Comment

The court did not rule that asking about citizenship was unconstitutional or "substantively invalid". But the majority did not believe - based on evidence presented - that the reasons the administration gave for including the question was their real motivation. Sounds like a technicality for sure but that violates something called the Administrative Procedure Act which is "meant to ensure that agencies offer genuine justifications for important decisions, reasons that can be scrutinized by courts and the interested public.”.
        Roberts said administration’s explanation for its action didn't jibe with what evidence shows their motivation really was. Roberts and the other 4 did back bends to find a technicality to shoot it down. It will go back to the lower courts but there is not time to fix it so now Trump is looking into delaying the census
        Last edited by jerp; 06-27-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          The court did not rule that asking about citizenship was unconstitutional or "substantively invalid". But the majority did not believe - based on evidence presented - that the reasons the administration gave for including the question was their real motivation. Sounds like a technicality for sure but that violates something called the Administrative Procedure Act which is "meant to ensure that agencies offer genuine justifications for important decisions, reasons that can be scrutinized by courts and the interested public.”.
          Roberts said administration’s explanation for its action didn't jibe with what evidence shows their motivation really was. Roberts and the other 4 did back bends to find a technicality to shoot it down. It will go back to the lower courts but there is not time to fix it so now Trump is looking into delaying the census
          Spot on with what I read. Hopefully when it comes back through it will be ironclad and remain precedent forever.

Comment

Agreed and you can bet the Deep State will do everything in their power to drag their feet to see there are no census delays and there's not enough time to fix this... Trump's team should know by now that whatever they send to the SCOTUS, must be iron clad. This is not the first time they went in ill-prepared to bring issues to this court... There are pluses and minuses to a court full of strict constitutionalists. All the "i's" gotta be dotted and the "t's" crossed for this group. In reality, I guess I'm OK with that, though it is frustrating that 4 justices seemed to thing the case was presented good enough for an up side vote...

Comment

Back bends just like finding that Obamacare is constitutional as a tax.

Comment

Roberts is another stain Bush left us with......unfortunately this one will last my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                  Roberts is another stain Bush left us with......unfortunately this one will last my lifetime.
                  I kind of feel like you do.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess Roberts is the best example of a RINO that anyone could find other than McCain.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      I guess Roberts is the best example of a RINO that anyone could find other than McCain.
                      Yep, his record speaks for itself. I just hope Gorsuch and Kavenaugh hold true to the constitution.

Comment

I can get not asking the question. Census is population count. If folks are scared they're going to be arrested or deported because of an answer they won't fill it out.

With that said it's time the government starts putting priority on those of us that are actual citizens. This pandering to illegals is tiresome

Comment

I'm a citizen and I don't fill it out. They already know where I live, what my income is, my blood type, have my finger prints and DNA on file. They haven't forgotten because they keep stealing part of what I work for every year. A big part.

Gary

Comment

I believe in an accurate head count via the census and Trump hasn't given up on getting his citizenship question on the census.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I never got contacted on the last census.

Comment

Working...
                              X