No announcement yet.

Ideas for fathers remains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had friend that Grandfather wanted to be Buried at Sea..Several boats went Offshore with his friends and relatives and Priest...Priest did his thing and his ashes were thrown Overboard...I kinda Like that Myself

Comment

Originally posted by Clint View Post
      If your dads wishes is to be buried by your mother, sprinkle the extras over the grave site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That was my thought or spread the remaining ashes around your deer lease to have him with you out there! I wouldn't worry about paying for an extra urn just to spread the ashes. I have seen them in medicine bottles. A box or can will do just fine.

Comment

I've heard of someone having their ashes put in rifle shells so his grandkids could hunt with him for years to come.

Comment

Plow my ashes into a foodplot somewhere

Comment

We spread some of my uncle's ashes along the senderos he hunted for many years. Scooped and spread them with red solo cups.

Next month I'm spreading some of both of my parents where they met in college and were married and on the college football field where dad played.

Comment

I want my ashes put in some soft plastic watermelon red flukes and then given to my fishing buddys so they can still catch fish with me.

Comment

Good friend had his ashes spread in the Galveston surf so he could hug his grandkids when they played in th surf.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                  Plow my ashes into a foodplot somewhere
                  My boys should do this and I'll try to grow em a record rack.

Use me as arrow filler for extra weight and I'll make sure their elk drops before reaching the thick stuff.

Comment

I agree with the bigger run.
                    I Iet my dad's second wife keep his. He married her a few years after my mom passed. Put up with him for years. She liked him more than I did anyway. Have no clue if she is even still alive.

Gary

Comment

Copenhagen Can

Comment

Where ever is favorite places were amigo... put him there...

Comment

I always thought save 1/2 for when my wife passes to be buried with her and the other 1/2 to go on one more elk hunt with my boys and some friends and family. Now I have to sell her on the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            I'm sure you'll find something that is meaningful to your family, would honor your father's memory and be something that he would have appreciated. I'm not looking forward to having to make these types of decisions about my parents.

I've already figured out my own situation though. I'm gonna have Cajun Blake add my ashes to a few jars of his Ragin Blaze. I'll have my family give them as parting gifts to my best buddies. I'll leave letters, to be opened later, to explain to them that they've been sprinkling me over their eggs, steaks, etc. One last "Eat Me" for them to remember me by.

That’s classic as expected Curt!

Comment

Thanks for several good ideas. Mom has decided to hold the remaining ashes in a secondary urn until she has time to think more clearly.

It’s the correct decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                What about at his favorite golf course?

We spread an uncle in his favorite place to fish in matagorda.

My dad wants to be in his favorite elk killin spot.

Both my grand parents are under a big pine at the place in Houston county.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X