Scope base screw depth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scope base screw depth???

I’m installing a nightforce one piece scope base onto a Bergara hmr which uses a 8-40 screw. I had to open up and countersink the holes on the mount for it to work properly. Most of the screws are 1/2-3/4 percent depth of the holes except for one. Should I be concerned with it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say no, use a little blue locktight and snug it down. I have mounted a lot of scopes and bases and never even looked at that. I would bet that you are good to go.

Comment

I have no experience with Bergara but I use tons of Nightforce bases. Does the Nightforce base mate up with the Bergara action properly? I only ask because Nightforce bases don’t fit Stiller actions as the contours don’t match.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
        I have no experience with Bergara but I use tons of Nightforce bases. Does the Nightforce base mate up with the Bergara action properly? I only ask because Nightforce bases don’t fit Stiller actions as the contours don’t match.
        Yup matches perfect except bergara went to a 8-40 bolt and the NF is a 6-?? Bolt hole.

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          Yup matches perfect except bergara went to a 8-40 bolt and the NF is a 6-?? Bolt hole.
          Gotcha, good deal. You may just be able to find some longer 8-40’s.

Comment

Working...
          X