Hagerman Draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brymor31 View Post
    I'm in C. Had 3 points and was hoping for B but Ill take it!!
    C is the better hunt anyways.

Comment

can anyone PM me the link or the attachment? I called the office today and they said the email should be coming out after lunch but I still have not received anything

Comment

Copy of email

Draw results for the Hagerman NWR 2019 Archery Deer Hunt are attached. A total of 240 applicants were placed in three segments.

Many hunters in Segment A are carryover hunters from the 2018 Segment A hunt which was cancelled due to flooding. Those 44 hunters combined with seven 2018 doe permit hunters, left 189/240 permits available to applicants. Seventy-five percent (142) of the 189 permits were issued to applicants with the most preference points. A total of 144 hunters had 3 or more preference points, however some of these hunters did not apply while others applied with a buddy who had 0,1, or 2 points which impacted the number of points they entered the draw with. All eligible applicants with 3 or more preference points were placed in a hunt segment. If you believe you had 3 points and were not drawn, it is likely that your "buddy" had fewer points.

A total of 132 applicants had 2 points, therefore some with 2 points were drawn while others were not. As always, 25% of the available permits (47) went to all remaining applicants irrelevant of points. Several applicants with 0, 1, and 2 points were drawn as always.

If you applied with a buddy, did not get drawn, and do not see your name on the Alphabetical Draw List, look for the name of your buddy and your draw number is the same as his/hers. Only one name enters the draw if you apply with a buddy and if drawn, both hunters are placed in the hunt. On attached Alphabetical Draw List under the heading NUMBER you will see Autodraw, PP, or a number. "Autodraw" indicates hunters from 2018 Segment A, or those that took a doe in 2018; "PP" indicates the applicant or applicant/buddy pair had 3 or more preference points; and the Number is the random draw number generated by Random.org Sequence Generator used to conduct the drawing. The numbers start at 241 because the first 240 were assigned to a hunt segment as described above.

Segment A: November 1-3, 2019
        Segment B: November 15-17, 2019
        Segment C: December 6-8, 2019

If you were drawn, please submit a check or money order in the amount of $50 (per hunter) and results of your archery proficiency taken on or after May 1, 2019. A score of 80% or higher is required.
        The deadline for submission of your payment and proficiency test is August 1, 2019.

Hunters that were carried over from 2018 Segment A - we have a record of your payment and proficiency test from last year so you are not required to submit anything.

Starting in 2020 applications for Hagerman NWR deer, wild turkey and feral hog hunts will be made through the Texas Parks and Wildlife (TPWD) online Drawn Hunts system. TPWD will set the application period for our hunts and we anticipate them being the same as all other Texas National Wildlife Refuge hunts they handle the application process for. Those of you who were not drawn this year will have your preference points transferred to TPWD . Whether or not they will be able to incorporate the points into their existing system will be decided by TPWD. For information please visit their webpage at https://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/hunt..._hunt_drawing/

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
          C is the better hunt anyways.

Comment

Where can we take the required proficiency test? Did an internet search but not having any luck finding places. Live in McKinney.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
              Where can we take the required proficiency test? Did an internet search but not having any luck finding places. Live in McKinney.
              I did mine at Cinnamon Creek last year.

Comment

I believe Cinnamon Creek is holding one on June 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The last 2 times, I've done it at the Bass Pro Shop there in Dallas. But that was 4 or 5 years ago. Not sure if they still do it or not. Both times I did it, was in and out in under 20 minutes. Plus, it's inside. Just have to pay a small fee and range time.

Comment

Originally posted by Buccaneer View Post
                    Rockin S Archery Range in Denison

Comment

I was fortunate to draw 10 or 11 times since 2000. I killed 3 bucks during those hunts. We have moved to Southeast Iowa so my Hagerman hunts are done.

Now I have my own "crick" bottom in Iowa that actually looks just like Big Mineral. Coolest thing is I can hunt it from October 1st to January 10th.

Here are my two best Hagerman bucks and my creek bottom on our farm in Iowa.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bass Pro Shops in Grapevine will be doing the indoor proficiency test starting this Friday. You can go any day up until the deadline.

Comment

I didn't get an email, but called and confirmed that I didn't get drawn. Sucks that with three points I will only get one carried over to the state draw next year.

Comment

I didn't get my email that I was chosen for C until yesterday. There don't seem to be that many from the Hill Country signed up. It will be a long drive, but I've never been there before and it should be fun hunting a wildlife refuge in winter.

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                              I didn't get an email, but called and confirmed that I didn't get drawn. Sucks that with three points I will only get one carried over to the state draw next year.
                              Where did you hear you would only get 1 point next year?

Comment

Originally posted by grizzman View Post
                                Everyone with 3 points drew, unless you put in with someone who had fewer. And where does it say you'll only have 1 point next year?

Comment

Working...
                                X