GM Vehicle Defect warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM Vehicle Defect warning

I just got hosed by this in my wife's 2015 suburban. Not a cheap fix - if you have one of these models, get the bracket installed to prevent the crack in the condenser. I wont be buying a GM vehicle after this and other issues we've had.

A GM air conditioner compressor and condenser lawsuit alleges the AC systems fail and cause owners and lessees to lose cold air in the vehicles and money from their bank accounts.

There’s also an in issue with a circuit board failing that controls headlights. Not exactly sure if it was parts only but was told $800. This was on a Yukon. Might be the same on Cadillacs.

Comment

Of course this comes out AFTER I buy a used 2015 Sierra in May. No AC issues through last summer. Any CAL for Texas? The article refers to Tennessee.

Comment

I've got a 2015 model 2500 and my condenser blew a hole in the side. Maybe it's a different condenser than what the vehicles listed use, because mine was fixed the next day. It happened right after it went out of factory warranty. Fortunately I had purchased the extended warranty. That one incident almost covered the entire cost of the extended warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
          I just got hosed by this in my wife's 2015 suburban. Not a cheap fix - if you have one of these models, get the bracket installed to prevent the crack in the condenser. I wont be buying a GM vehicle after this and other issues we've had.

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml
          It is a consistent issue. Wife also drives a '15 LT Suburban. Hers went out at 59k miles last month. For us, the repair was covered. We also paid $2,500 for an extended warranty when we bought it.

I'd guess we're about $1,000 in the hole on that warranty now.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd condenser in my 2014 GMC 1500. First one replaced under factory warranty. Second one replaced under purchased extended warranty. Next time will be on me now that I am out of my extended warranty.

Ive researched it and its clearly a problem that should have had a recall issued and GM hasn't taken responsibility for it. I'll be looking elsewhere for my next vehicle.

Comment

Could someone name a vehicle manufacturer which has not had a significant problem in the last 25 years?

Comment

My dad has had same issue on 2014 Silverado I have a buddy that is mechanic known issue they should recall

Comment

Had this problem too on a2015 Yukon. Traded that sucker in back in November.

Comment

How have the replacement units performed? That's my concern now.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                      Could someone name a vehicle manufacturer which has not had a significant problem in the last 25 years?
                      They'd be ignorant. or lying

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                        Some makers just have more significant problems than others. Much more

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

GM is also the only manufacturer NOT honoring the drivers airbag recall put out by NHTSA

They feel it doesn't affect their vehicles

Although the same airbags on Fords were replaced

GM has hired their own safety inspector to perform thier own tests

And dash keeps cracking on the Tahoes and Suburbans

Real shame

They dont stand behind what they sell

Love my Tahoe

Wont buy another

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The led tail lights in those tend to have a short also. That’s another expensive replacement

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post

https://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2...-lawsuit.shtml
                              Yelp just fixed this on wife’s suburban, and the stupid $1800 front shocks

Comment

Working...
                              X