Got a new dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a new dog

I went to Fredricksburg today to check out some plotts from Joe and Courtney Burkett. There dogs were real impressive and it took me a while to pick out the one I wanted but I think I got a real hunter. I’m waiting for him to get over the shyness from being in a new place but I can’t wait to start workin him in blood. I think he’s gonna be a good dog

We need pics!!

Comment

I’m trying to get them to load. He’s a black dog with brindle trim. Super gritty and driven dog he’s just shy right now from changing so much

Comment

My son had a male and female from Joe, the female was the better of the two, they both had plenty of grit to stop a running hog and the smarts to go blood trail the next day. Good dogs!

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
          My son had a male and female from Joe, the female was the better of the two, they both had plenty of grit to stop a running hog and the smarts to go blood trail the next day. Good dogs!
          I wanted a dog that was tough enough to go bay a wounded Nilgai when I need it. They spent a lot of time with me helpin md pick one out. Showing me which ones were smarter and which ones were grittier

Comment

Love some brindle dogs.

Comment

brindle just looks awesome. deff want pics

Comment

Nice

Comment

Good luck with the new dog. I know Joe and he certainly has lots of hounds. Last time I talked with him, he came by my house with a couple of pups that were headed to the Four Corners area. He was raising Plotts, Treeing Walkers, Black and Tans and a few Blueticks. When he saw my potlickers, he wanted to buy a couple of pups if I ever had a litter. Unfortunately, all my pups went to buddies that hunt lions in Montana, Utah, AZ and Big Bend region of Texas.
                  Adios,
                  Gary

Comment

Here are he pictures of him. I had to reduce the size to upload them
                    Attached Files

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think this dog will be a better tracker/bayer than a Lacy?

Comment

^ is a lacy the better of dogs at tracking ?

Comment

I have a lacy now and he’s a great tracker but I don’t think he has the cold
                              Nose these plotts are suppose to have. He has found about 12-15 deer for me this season, some with no blood. He hasn’t had to bay anything up yet but this plott is grittier than him I think. I plan on running them as a pair to get my lacy a little better at baying

Comment

Working...
                              X