Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018, 02:56 PM   #1
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default TBH Help - Guns stolen

Some worthless POS broke into my truck last night and stole 2 rifles from me.
If you guys think about it please keep an eye out when at pawn shops, gun shows, etc., and just maybe I can get em back. I've filed a police report but I doubt much comes of it. So now I'm turning to the TBH militia for help!

#1 - Thompson Center Pro Hunter (stainless) with realtree camo, flextech stock, 7mm Magnum Prohunter 28" barrel (stainless, fluted) with a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42mm scope mounted with DNZ game reaper black rings

#2 - Marlin 336W lever action .30-30 (JM stamped barrel) wood stock & blued barrel with EGW picatinny rail and a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot sight. Also has a nice leather shell holder / cheek rise made by tourbon.

I also have the S/N for all rifles & optics. I'm just glad that the bastages left my full set of golf clubs ($1500), a Franchi shotgun ($900), a garmin watch ($200) and 3 sets of sunglasses ($500).
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:02 PM   #2
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

Oh man. Sorry to hear it.

Bump for the Tyler guys to keep an eye out

"Paging Detective Antlers!"
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:08 PM   #3
SabreKiller
Ten Point
 
SabreKiller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Kerrville, Texas
Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County
Default

Sorry for your loss, but why did you have all of that stuff in your truck?

The rifles will probably show up at a pawn shop somewhere.
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:10 PM   #4
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreKiller View Post
Sorry for your loss, but why did you have all of that stuff in your truck?

The rifles will probably show up at a pawn shop somewhere.
Traveled from Tyler to Knox County to Midland over the past week and when I got to Tyler I ran to Frankston to pull cards but when I got back home I crashed out on the couch. Stupid mistake.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:33 PM   #5
Chitchyaoutdoor
Eight Point
 
Chitchyaoutdoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: WAXAHACHIE, TX
Hunt In: RED RIVER
Default

man that sucks bud, hope you find them.
Chitchyaoutdoor is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 03:48 PM   #6
Txmusfan
Six Point
 
Txmusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Jacksonville, TX
Hunt In: Mullin
Default

I feel your pain, I had all my firearms stolen a few weeks ago.
Txmusfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #7
White Falcon
Pope & Young
 
White Falcon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Holly Lake Ranch
Hunt In: East Tx. and Anywhere I can!
Default

This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![QUOTE=SabreKiller;13770070]Sorry for your loss, but why did you have all of that stuff in your truck?
White Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:15 PM   #8
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Falcon View Post
This !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #9
perow
Pope & Young
 
perow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Garland
Hunt In: Gordan, Moran
Default

probably not much help here in Dallas but will keep an eye out--if you need to borrow a gun for the season let me know-I am sure I have something that would work
perow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 PM   #10
buzzbait
Ten Point
 
buzzbait's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Columbus/Colorado County
Hunt In: Colorado, Lavaca, Blanco, Gillispie and Fayette
Default

Do you have the serial number?
My son left his 22 at the deer lease a few years ago, on Memorial Day. Didn't make it back till Labor Day. Gun was missing. Call a buddy at the Sherrif's office, gave him run the serial number. He ran it through the Pawn Shop Data Base. Sure enough it sitting in a pawn shop in Dallas. Gillespie County took a report sent to Dallas County SO. Arrested the guy that pawned the gun for Felon in Possession of a firearm. I got my gun back. Never figured how it got out of our camphouse though
buzzbait is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #11
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbait View Post
Do you have the serial number?
My son left his 22 at the deer lease a few years ago, on Memorial Day. Didn't make it back till Labor Day. Gun was missing. Call a buddy at the Sherrif's office, gave him run the serial number. He ran it through the Pawn Shop Data Base. Sure enough it sitting in a pawn shop in Dallas. Gillespie County took a report sent to Dallas County SO. Arrested the guy that pawned the gun for Felon in Possession of a firearm. I got my gun back. Never figured how it got out of our camphouse though
Yeah I do have the serial numbers for all guns and all optics. I gave those to the Tyler PD and I'll follow up in a few days to see if they'll run the pawn shop database.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:56 PM   #12
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by perow View Post
probably not much help here in Dallas but will keep an eye out--if you need to borrow a gun for the season let me know-I am sure I have something that would work
Man that's a heck of an offer! I have a couple other rifles to choose from but none are sighted-in since I've swapped stocks on two and put a new scope on another. Sucks that I won't be able to rifle hunt this awesome weather we're getting tomorrow.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
kruppa24
Ten Point
 
kruppa24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: gholson, tx
Hunt In: Concho
Default

Man I hate reading these threads, hope you get your stuff back
kruppa24 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #14
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthemap View Post
Some worthless POS broke into my truck last night and stole 2 rifles from me.
If you guys think about it please keep an eye out when at pawn shops, gun shows, etc., and just maybe I can get em back. I've filed a police report but I doubt much comes of it. So now I'm turning to the TBH militia for help!

#1 - Thompson Center Pro Hunter (stainless) with realtree camo, flextech stock, 7mm Magnum Prohunter 28" barrel (stainless, fluted) with a Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42mm scope mounted with DNZ game reaper black rings

#2 - Marlin 336W lever action .30-30 (JM stamped barrel) wood stock & blued barrel with EGW picatinny rail and a Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot sight. Also has a nice leather shell holder / cheek rise made by tourbon.

I also have the S/N for all rifles & optics. I'm just glad that the bastages left my full set of golf clubs ($1500), a Franchi shotgun ($900), a garmin watch ($200) and 3 sets of sunglasses ($500).
Sorry for your loss, might list the last 4 numbers of the ser#'s to help us ID your stuff.

On the stuff the thief left, he'll most likely be back for them so put some cameras out.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:18 PM   #15
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Sorry for your loss, might list the last 4 numbers of the ser#'s to help us ID your stuff.

On the stuff the thief left, he'll most likely be back for them so put some cameras out.
Thanks, that's a good idea...

1. Encore "Pro Hunter" Frame - Serial#: ***6153
Burris MTAC 4.5-14x42mm Riflescope Serial#: ****7805

2. Marlin Lever Action Model 336W .30-30 (wJM Stamp) - Serial# ***4484
Sig Sauer Romeo5 Red Dot Sight - Serial#: *****26-01


Definitely going to put cameras out tomorrow!
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 07:37 PM   #16
Paycheck
Four Point
 
Paycheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Waco
Default

Got a 30-06 or a 300 win mag in Waco if you want to borrow. Both ready to go.
Paycheck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #17
Bassdeer
Ten Point
 
Bassdeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Colony
Default

That's how the kids in MN would steal stuff all the time, come back from fishing the weekend and people go right in the house and take a nap and leave everything in the truck and boat, come out later to unload and everything was gone.
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 11:10 PM   #18
BTLowry
Pope & Young
 
BTLowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5
Default

What part of Tyler do you live in?

Hope they turn up and the thieves go to jail
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 10:11 AM   #19
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
What part of Tyler do you live in?

Hope they turn up and the thieves go to jail
South Tyler on Sutherland Drive. Near the Broadway x Grande intersection.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #20
CoryW
Eight Point
 
CoryW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: China Spring
Hunt In: Bosque County
Default

Sorry for your loss, hope they turn up.
CoryW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #21
meangreen04
Eight Point
 
meangreen04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Houston, TX
Default

Man, I’m sorry to hear this, buddy. Hope they find em.

Side note, when did you pick up a Franchi?
meangreen04 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
sbushee
Ten Point
 
sbushee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: The Outside
Default

Bummer
sbushee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 10:04 PM   #23
BTLowry
Pope & Young
 
BTLowry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lindale
Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by offthemap View Post
South Tyler on Sutherland Drive. Near the Broadway x Grande intersection.
My aunt lives on Sutherland

I will keep my eyes and ears open
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #24
RShockley
Eight Point
 
RShockley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Public Lands
Default

Where were you located when they were stolen? As long as you have serial numbers for the police report if they show up in a pawn shop the police will find them. Just had the same thing and the majority of my stuff was recovered. The person who pawned them was also prosecuted and is now serving some time in jail. If they are dumb enough to pawn them they will get caught. Luckily those that are just going through cars aren't typically the smartest.
RShockley is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-10-2018, 05:17 AM   #25
sharkhunter
Pope & Young
 
sharkhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tarkington , TX
Hunt In: In the woods
Default

Sorry to hear this. I’d watch out for them to come back sadly.
sharkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2018, 10:55 AM   #26
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by meangreen04 View Post
Man, Iím sorry to hear this, buddy. Hope they find em.

Side note, when did you pick up a Franchi?
Earlier this summer. Found a smoking deal on the Affinity 3.5 with 28"bbl and couldn't pass it up.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #27
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTLowry View Post
My aunt lives on Sutherland

I will keep my eyes and ears open
Thank ya, sir!

I found out that a neighbor at Sutherland & Wellington had someone steal packages off their porch and get into their car and steal her purse but luckily they had a Ring doorbell and caught photos of the guys. I know there was an arrest on Friday of a guy that looks very similar to the doorbell pics but I don't know if he was involved in my theft or not. Odds are that he was the guy.

I'm going to call Tyler PD this morning to see what's up
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #28
offthemap
Ten Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Knox, Foard
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShockley View Post
Where were you located when they were stolen? As long as you have serial numbers for the police report if they show up in a pawn shop the police will find them. Just had the same thing and the majority of my stuff was recovered. The person who pawned them was also prosecuted and is now serving some time in jail. If they are dumb enough to pawn them they will get caught. Luckily those that are just going through cars aren't typically the smartest.
In my truck, in my driveway. I have all the serial numbers thankfully!
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com