Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-06-2018, 09:53 AM   #51
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ferguson View Post
There is a lot of luck that goes into picking a QB. When you don't have one you keep picking them until you do. The cowboys don't have one.
Joe Montana was a 3rd round pic. Tom Brady a 6th. Aaron Rodgers number 24. Patrick Mahomes #10. All of these guys should have been the first pick in the draft based on their performance as pro's. I guess the draft experts saw it different.
I can keep going but you go an keep pretending to be an expert. Maybe Jerry will give you a job.

LMAO.....based on your first post I was going to suggest you go apply....

Yet you just proved my point exactly with your luck comment...while bitching about them not using a first rounder on a QB.... Thank you for making it easy.

There is no doubt Dak is not the guy....but the general consensus (not mine) from the NFL draft guys is there is no sure fire QB this year like there has been in the past few drafts..... The Cowboys can throw **** up against the wall and appease folks like you and then waste three years in development and get called out for making a bad choice again....or they can wait til 2020 when its supposed to be a better pool.

Last edited by Smart; 11-06-2018 at 09:57 AM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 09:55 AM   #52
MQ32Shooter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cisco, Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
He's worth $5 billion......

A Super Bowl win would do more for his wealth than selling beer..
My point was, him not winning a Super Bowl does not appear to be the most important thing in the world to him, maybe because he does have 5 billion. What radical or drastic changes has he made in attempting to win that title? Personally, I hope he never wins another game. Just donít care for him. But donít fault me for that. Remember this is a campfire discussion where everyone has an opinion.
MQ32Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #53
Bowanta
Ten Point

Hunt In: Looking in Texas and Franklin County (Unit 11), Kansas

Then again, One could look at all of this as KARMA for how he let Tom Landry Go...
Karma, spelled K A R M A, Pronounced, HAHAHA
Bowanta is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #54
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
My point was, him not winning a Super Bowl does not appear to be the most important thing in the world to him, maybe because he does have 5 billion. What radical or drastic changes has he made in attempting to win that title? Personally, I hope he never wins another game. Just donít care for him. But donít fault me for that. Remember this is a campfire discussion where everyone has an opinion.

I have posted my opinion three times in different threads so I'm just going to copy and post this again..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smart
You folks that say Jerry is just all about the money and not caring about winning, are out of your **** minds. Think about what kind of cash cow a Super Bowl win or two would bring the Cowboys' organization... You think the Patriots would be the second most valued franchise without all the Super Bowls? Hell no!

Jerry wants another Super Bowl with him and Stephen making the decisions. Jerry is the ultimate braggard! You can bet your *** he's doing whatever he can to win himself a Super Bowl before he dies....except stepping down and giving somebody else the credit. Its all about him doing it. Its a cruel catch 22 for us but it is what he is. More money is not going to give Jerry anything he doesn't already have at age 76...unless he could buy a fountain of youth. He's worth $5 billion!!!.. What else could please him more than a Super Bowl win with $5bil on the books? When you think about what he already has combined with his age, another Super Bowl would give him a million times the "value" personally in his life that any more made money would give him.

Jerry doing it his way with his handpicked coach. Does it make it right, no? But it has nothing to do with money. Jerry is 76 years old worth 5 billion. You think heís gonna let a few million keep him
from winning a super bowl? Thatís like a $100 bill to us.

If anything Jerryís pride is more a detriment than his wallet.....and his pride with the Cowboys winning has nothing to do with dollars

Old 11-06-2018, 10:08 AM   #55
Bobby Ferguson
Six Point

Hunt In: Goliad County (Weesatche)

Quote:
LMAO.....based on your first post I was going to suggest you go apply....

Yet you just proved my point exactly with your luck comment...while bitching about them not using a first rounder on a QB.... Thank you for making it easy.

There is no doubt Dak is not the guy....but the general consensus (not mine) from the NFL draft guys is there is no sure fire QB this year like there has been in the past few drafts..... The Cowboys can throw **** up against the wall and appease folks like you and then waste three years in development and get called out for making a bad choice again....or they can wait til 2020 when its supposed to be a better pool.

You keep drafting qb's until you got one. They don't got one. Just my opinion. I'm not the TBH expert like you are about everything that has ever been.
Bobby Ferguson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #56
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
You keep drafting qb's until you got one. They don't got one. Just my opinion. I'm not the TBH expert like you are about everything that has ever been.

Keep humping that expert angle.... Ad hominems are weak. Google that if you need to.

QB is a 3 year development process minimum ....right? You just don't draft a 1st or 2nd round QB every year due to cost and you just don't take a crapshoot that high either. Which is why I believe they wait until 2020..
Old 11-06-2018, 10:15 AM   #57
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr & Lavaca County

I think Jerry & Garrett are doing a great job!

Jerry should give Garrett a 5-10 year extension!
Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:16 AM   #58
Colton
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Itíll likely be 2020 before we have the opportunity to take a stud QB. Even if we had kept our 2019 1st rounder, Iíve heard the talent pool at QB is subpar. Doesnít make sense to use that pick on a QB that isnít going to be the guy anyways.

Cooper is a big improvement to our receiving corp. Iím not sure I love the trade but it is what it is.
Colton is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #59
Colton
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Horse View Post

Sir, please put down the crack pipe
Old 11-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #60
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
The general consensus is that the QB and receiver class this next year is kinda weak....with the Cowboys leaning toward receiver in the first round, Amari was not a bad take early.. And Amari was not bad last night.. I'm still good with the trade if getting a No 1 receiver with that pick was the endgame like the Cowboys front office said. They just did it 6 months early

The top QB is the guy from Oregon, Justin Herbert, who has been called a Brock Osweiler starter kit. I think the Cowboys keep Dak for $500K through his 5th year and then shoot for a QB in 2020.
Ok, stepping off the ledge. Good point, but we still need to see how Amari works out. Joey Galloway debacle still stings.

Quote:
Like the Browns?!
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #61
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:

Texans suck! No matter their win loss record!..
Old 11-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #62
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Sir, please put down the crack pipe
No sir....not crack...just perspective...
Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #63
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddog66 View Post
Like the Browns?!

LMAO!!! Exactly!!

Old 11-06-2018, 10:21 AM   #64
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Texans suck! No matter their win loss record!..
...but we don't have JERRY to deal with...so there's at least that.

Oh....and throw to Cooper, ALOT please....
(seriously, I need to pull him of the bench in fantasy)
Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #65
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
...but we don't have JERRY to deal with...so there's at least that.

Oh....and throw to Cooper, ALOT please....
(seriously, I need to pull him of the bench in fantasy)

Amazing how Bill O'Brien is the savior now..

And yall fired your GM right?
Old 11-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #66
Mac5dawg
Ten Point

My opinion
1. Coaching Staff - Fire Garrett and the OC. They need to have a more aggressive
offense that is going to play to win. Stretch the defense and create lanes for Zeke.
2. Amari Cooper - Good trade, he will help the team and is only 24.
They were going after a receiver with their first pick and he is better than what is
out there.
3. Dak Prescott - A different offensive system would help him out. Patrick Mahomes
would be struggling in the current Cowboys offense. I am not sold on him but there
is not a good QB coming out in the draft.
Mac5dawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:48 AM   #67
Smart
Pope & Young

Jerry just said on the Fan that Dak was capable and young and was going to get extended. What the ****? He done lost his **** mind!
Old 11-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #68
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Jerry just said on the Fan that Dak was capable and young and was going to get extended. What the ****? He done lost his **** mind!
Years ago. Everybody calm down. Rumor has it that Garrett's handler has a new software update to install.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #69
Smart
Pope & Young

I guess if Red J and his chronies go maybe a new offensive scheme could help Dak but he sure hasnít impressed me in his decision making and accuracy 3 years in.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:24 AM   #70
ladrones
Pope & Young

Jerry has spent a great deal of time trying to develop a coach to secure another Super bowl trophy. Does he have the time to start from scratch again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ladrones is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 AM   #71
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Quote:
Amazing how Bill O'Brien is the savior now..

And yall fired your GM right?
No sir, not a savior IMO....just not Garrett...

With a gun to your head, who would you pick between BOB or Garrett?
Old 11-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #72
Smart
Pope & Young

Default Jason Garrett

Quote:
No sir, not a savior IMO....just not Garrett...

With a gun to your head, who would you pick between BOB or Garrett?

Death

Earlier in the year and last year you flip floppers would have chose Garrett
Old 11-06-2018, 12:07 PM   #73
rossivey
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
That trade may suck if there is a good QB in the top 10, not sure if there is. I think the talent is here with the exception of the QB, look what McVay did with Fisher's team. Jerry is going to have to pull the check book out to hire a good coach, he needs to let Will McClay run the team or he needs to hire another GM, if Stephen steps up to the plate just maybe it will happen.
X2

Quote:
The general consensus is that the QB and receiver class this next year is kinda weak....with the Cowboys leaning toward receiver in the first round, Amari was not a bad take early.. And Amari was not bad last night.. I'm still good with the trade if getting a No 1 receiver with that pick was the endgame like the Cowboys front office said. They just did it 6 months early

The top QB is the guy from Oregon, Justin Herbert, who has been called a Brock Osweiler starter kit. I think the Cowboys keep Dak for $500K through his 5th year and then shoot for a QB in 2020.

Dak will have to be franchised I believe to be here for just one year in 2020. Only first rounders have the 5th year option.

I think if theyíll fire Garrett and Linehan, Dak might be a different QB. That could be a BIG might but itís worth a shot before they pay him $100 million. Jerry said today that he would be extended.
rossivey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 12:12 PM   #74
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
I guess if Red J and his chronies go maybe a new offensive scheme could help Dak but he sure hasnít impressed me in his decision making and accuracy 3 years in.
I tend to agree. Dak has some skills and in the right situation he can be pretty good. See rookie year. But I don't think the guy has it to be a big time NFL QB. Not saying you absolutely have to, to win Super Bowls. But it sure helps. He seems to not know what to with the ball if the first receiver is covered (can't read a defense). He doesn't know how to step up or where to move to when the pocket breaks down. He doesn't seem to be getting better. But a good coach may be able to help him be more serviceable.
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 12:31 PM   #75
Johnny_Dodson
Four Point

I donít believe Dak is the future of the Dallas Cowboys but he isnít the reason their losing. They are losing cause the Coach is awful, he couldnít figure out a winning game plan if the other team gave them their play books. He wasted the most talented QB Dallas has had statistically in Tony Romo. He wasted the careers of Witten, Romo and Bryant.

He is the most mediocre Coach in the NFL, that has coached for this long.

Johnny_Dodson is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 12:55 PM   #76
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENRMORE View Post
Still the richest Franchise, win or lose. Jerry can just laugh all the way to the bank. The only way it will change is if people stop going to the games and buying the merchandise.
Yep then things will change... But not until then..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 01:11 PM   #77
Smart
Pope & Young

Default Jason Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
X2

Dak will have to be franchised I believe to be here for just one year in 2020. Only first rounders have the 5th year option.

I think if theyíll fire Garrett and Linehan, Dak might be a different QB. That could be a BIG might but itís worth a shot before they pay him $100 million. Jerry said today that he would be extended.

I didnít specifically say anything about Dak bring around in 2020 in the post you quoted... I said they will maybe shoot for drafting a QB in 2020. His last year under contract is the 2019 season. The draft after that is 2020.

And that was all before I posted Jerry said he was going to extend him on The Fan 105.3 in post 67.... so it could all be moot.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #78
rossivey
Pope & Young

Quote:
I didnít specifically say anything about Dak bring around in 2020 in the post you quoted... I said they will maybe shoot for drafting a QB in 2020. His last year under contract is the 2019 season. The draft after that is 2020.

And that was all before I posted Jerry said he was going to extend him on The Fan 105.3.... so it could all be moot.
His 5th year is 2020. I read the rest of the thread and saw where you mentioned the extension. Either way, we're in a bad spot. They don't know who they are.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2018, 01:14 PM   #79
clayree
Six Point

Fire Jones.
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 01:15 PM   #80
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Dodson View Post
He is the most mediocre Coach in the NFL, that has coached for this long.

Jeff Fisher would like to have a say in that claim.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:18 PM   #81
KyleW
Eight Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

With Dak getting extended per Jerry’s comment today, all we can do is he gets better at reading defense in this losing season and that we wake up one day with a new coach.
KyleW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 01:19 PM   #82
Smart
Pope & Young

Default Jason Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossivey View Post
His 5th year is 2020. I read the rest of the thread and saw where you mentioned the extension. Either way, we're in a bad spot. They don't know who they are.

Yes it is but before Jerry said anything I didnít think he would be around for 2020. Figured they would get a serviceable guy through FA since they are in great shape there and maybe draft a 1st rounder in 2020 to help groom him.

Lord knows White or the redheaded backup is not the answer.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:20 PM   #83
Colton
Pope & Young

Quote:
Jeff Fisher would like to have a say in that claim.
Marvin Lewis stays pretty mediocre
Old 11-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #84
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleW View Post
With Dak getting extended per Jerryís comment today, all we can do is he gets better at reading defense in this losing season and that we wake up one day with a new coach.

Yup....
Old 11-06-2018, 01:23 PM   #85
rossivey
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes it is but before Jerry said anything I didnít think he would be around for 2020. Figured they would get a serviceable guy through FA since they are in great shape there and maybe draft a 1st rounder in 2020 to help groom him.

Lord knows White or the redheaded backup is not the answer.
Agreed. I didn't think so either. Neither did Shan or RJ lol. An extension might not be very expensive because I doubt anyone is gonna beat the door down trying to sign him but at the same time, that should tell them something. He's not the answer with the current coaching staff. And he may not be the answer at all but change one and find out. But they won't.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #86
Smart
Pope & Young

Old 11-06-2018, 01:33 PM   #87
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson

Quote:
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 01:49 PM   #88
Smart
Pope & Young

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpsrz5on...d=b934amc53825
Old 11-06-2018, 05:22 PM   #89
LWC
Ten Point

At least his press conferences are exciting
LWC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #90
Death from Above
Pope & Young

Son sent me this...i loled even if i donít partake
Attached Images

Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 07:34 PM   #91
skeeter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lavaca, Kimble and Colorado Counties

Classic!
Attached Images

skeeter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 07:42 PM   #92
catslayer
Pope & Young

Get him out... Now
catslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 07:51 PM   #93
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Classic!
That is the best one yet!
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 08:22 PM   #94
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

Jerrys red headed step child needs to go.
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #95
lmartin5
Ten Point

Hunt In: Callahan County, Kansas, Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdnabors View Post
Iím not a Cowboys fan, so itís super easy from my seat to see that they will never be the Cowboys of old with Jerry making all the calls and not the Coaches. If Jerry and Garrett were gone theyíd have a much better chance and least be fun to watch again...

Preach!

lmartin5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 08:38 PM   #96
Birddog66
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
Classic!
LOL so hard!
Birddog66 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 09:04 PM   #97
Jimbo47
Six Point

Hunt In: The last LF ranch in S. Texas

Dak is being short changed because the quarterbacks coach is Kellen freakin Moore.
Are you kidding me?
As many snaps as he took as an NFL QB backup, hardly qualifies him to teach Dak what he needs to do to improve his game.
Give him a coach that actually played the game and he would be fine.
Jimbo47 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 09:16 PM   #98
PassnItOn
Eight Point

Hunt In: Stonewall, TX

Maybe Romo can come back and be the coach and QB
PassnItOn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 10:25 PM   #99
mjhaverkamp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cooke, Wilbarger, Foard Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo47 View Post
Dak is being short changed because the quarterbacks coach is Kellen freakin Moore.
Are you kidding me?
As many snaps as he took as an NFL QB backup, hardly qualifies him to teach Dak what he needs to do to improve his game.
Give him a coach that actually played the game and he would be fine.
I hear ya but very few of the coaches were very good pro players, thats why they got into coaching.
mjhaverkamp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 11:40 PM   #100
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
They are gonna watch the Raider's pick a stud player with their top 5 pick they would have had. They could have used it to draft an actual qb. Only Jerry could do such a idiotic thing. I have said it since they started him. He's a back up qb plain and simple. They will never win with anything worth talking about with DAK. He misses wide open receivers running down the field. If it wasn't for the threat of Zeke and the o-line the last 2 years they would be the browns.
To coin a phrase; "At this point, what does it matter"?

With the coaching and front office, I don't think anything will help just a whole lot.
hpdrifter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top