Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 11-05-2018, 08:01 AM   #351
longhorn_cop
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tx panhandle, Mex.

This thread delivers, lmbo
longhorn_cop is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 08:14 AM   #352
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbradford View Post
No I saw that too. If the group consensus was to let the deer walk by putting him on the no shoot list, then the lease member over stepped.

My guess is that something obviously was about as clear as mud or the guy who shot the deer just didn’t care.
Has anyone asked the question... What does the lease contract say?

Seriously, can the "group" get together and just say a certain buck is off limits if that's not in the contract?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 08:40 AM   #353
Graysonhogs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fannin/Grayson/Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Has anyone asked the question... What does the lease contract say?

Seriously, can the "group" get together and just say a certain buck is off limits if that's not in the contract?
My guess is that IF they had a contract, there is zero about this situation, which can only be described as a cluster fork. Has anyone talked to the "offender" about any of this or possible punishments? I am not reading this dam thread again to find out. I'd rather be kicked in the taint and thrown into a mudhole. A signed copy with members signatures of a kill list WITH pics solves this.
Graysonhogs is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   #354
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

this is still a thing?????
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 08:51 AM   #355
HotRod Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land and have a lease in Huntsville thats only good for riding four wheelers and camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss163 View Post
He never was on the kill list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Was this a high fence ranch ? What happens if a buck that is never seen or photographed before is seen while hunting and appears to be a stud 6.5 year old high scoring Boone and Crockett. You can’t shoot him because he wasn’t on the hit list .
HotRod Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #356
tyoung
Six Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grndchecker View Post
I’m on a lease that doesn’t have many rules and after reading the OP’s back and forth, I’m glad we don’t.
Same here! Can't imagine what it's like to deal with something like this. On our lease (all family for the most part) we are all like minded and don't shoot just anything. But we also like to have fun and enjoy our hunts not walking on egg shells. Glad we are able to have the set up we have...
tyoung is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 10:50 AM   #357
elliscountyhog
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WG Outdoors on Facebook

I ran into an old buddy and he had shot one of the best looking 8 points ive seen out of san saba county. 17-18" dark horned 4.5 maybe 5.5 yr old deer. He said he was excited to shoot it and the "lease manager" got ****** when he got back to camp and through a girl type fit that the deer was too young and they are not supposed to shoot deer less then 5.5 and he watched that buck for and hour and let it go, guy said ruined the whole weekend and now he will be searching for a new lease. This is why I will never jump on a lease with other people.
elliscountyhog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 11:03 AM   #358
SoTXAg06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca Co. TX, Arkansas

In the grand scheme of things to be upset about in life, this seems pretty pointless.

SoTXAg06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 12:18 PM   #359
DFWPI
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jack/Young County

I want to know what school and management degree these people have in order to make all these decisions. Glad we don't have these problems. We hunt, enjoy it and that is that...

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
DFWPI is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 12:35 PM   #360
jer_james
Pope & Young

In my opinion, if a deer is on the no shoot list. That deer is not to be shot. No matter the age.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 12:42 PM   #361
Milkfisher
Four Point

Im glad Im not on this lease.
Milkfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #362
ClearcreekDC
Four Point

Hunt In: Denton County

Sounds like a terrible lease with a lot of confusing rules that contradict each other. It also sounds like the OP is a little jealous or maybe its just all the exclamation marks on every single post(!!!!). If you are allowed to shoot a trophy and a smaller one why do you keep bringing it up that he already shot one last week? Sounds like jealousy and you truly dont even want lease members killing deer. This lease sounds horrible and im glad I am not on it.
ClearcreekDC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 01:37 PM   #363
TeamAmerica
Ten Point

Hunt In: Corsicana (Navarro County)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graysonhogs View Post
My guess is that IF they had a contract, there is zero about this situation, which can only be described as a cluster fork. Has anyone talked to the "offender" about any of this or possible punishments? I am not reading this dam thread again to find out. I'd rather be kicked in the taint and thrown into a mudhole. A signed copy with members signatures of a kill list WITH pics solves this.
I actually read the lease and the only punctuation was "!!" and rarely in the right places.
TeamAmerica is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 02:26 PM   #364
SabreKiller
Ten Point

Hunt In: Terrell and Val Verde County

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn_cop View Post
This thread delivers, lmbo
Yep! Cracks me up. The OP hasn't posted anything in 3 pages of replies and it keeps on giving!
SabreKiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 02:34 PM   #365
TP3
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hays, Val Verde co

Maybe kidnap someone close to him and hold them for ransom.
TP3 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 02:38 PM   #366
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

OP...Did you personally ask the "no hit list" 2-deer killing bass-tard if he actually shot at the deer? What does he say?
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #367
ByronB
Ten Point

I was going to post but it would be useless after eight pages.
ByronB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #368
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
^^^^ this, these are our thoughts exactl. We have a responsibility as adults to make good decisions in life and should not haft to have a hit list and a not hit list. and take pics to a group to have permission to kill them, (come on really), have a good group of people, I would not have any other way. Some of these leases today are like buying a house with a home owners association, that twist the rules after you move in, That they want to live with just my opinion.
"Hunting" lol just ****ing lol
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 09:38 PM   #369
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

I hate lease rules. I own my hunting country, but darn give the Grandad kids a break. It was a lot more fun when I was a kid.. Buck with horns and he got shot at. JMO.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #370
hogmess
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cherokee and old Mexico Rancho La Zorra

Sounds more like a jealousy thing to me. Seen it happen before deer was put on the hit list but the wrong member got a shot at it first and then all of a sudden it was put on the no hit
List once shot. Member was kicked off for no reason other than he killed a deer other memebers wanted to shoot. Be happy for the guy it was 5.5
hogmess is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #371
ATX Tyler
Eight Point

Hunt In: Central, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
...off to the pit of misery?
Dilly dilly!
ATX Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-06-2018, 02:28 AM   #372
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronB View Post
I was going to post but it would be useless after eight pages.
This whole thread started off useless

Seriously, either have a age limit or a hit list/no kill list. Folks make hunting a pain in the butt instead of a relaxing hobby. We had a few nice bucks killed this weekend and a few that I wouldn't have shot. I congratulated every one that I saw skinning a buck just like it was the best deer they could have a chance at. One of the bucks I saw earlier in the year and passed on due to being 3.5 at the most was killed by a new hunter. I didn't say a negative word to him, and this is the first time I've said it at all other than telling my wife that the young 8 had been shot that I had watched earlier.

Make set rules, that are clearly communicated. And if anyone, lease manager on down to the newest member, should violate the rules, then you pay the fine or leave the lease.
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #373
EMiller
Nubbin' Buck

For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!
EMiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:51 PM   #374
Bobcat
Ten Point

Your problem started when your group created a hit-list or no-hit-list (doesn’t matter for this pint) and then had a discussion and general agreement regarding a new direction for that buck With Only Part Of The Group and Without Full Consensus or Awareness. Based on that you effectively provided permission or at least plausible denial of malicious intent to break the agreement.

Further thought... and remember you asked for input. Maybe managing for maturity is easier than managing specific deer... especially a group. Harvest the oldest bucks first regardless of quality and harvest for 1:1 buck to doe ratio to open up room for bucks. Keep it Simple.
Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 04:52 PM   #375
JeffK
Ten Point

This should be fun. Did y'all duke it out yet?

Seriously, sucks to lose a deer. I have to agree with the last line of post 373.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #376
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMiller View Post
For the record, we have no lease agreement. We are a group of hunters that mutually agree on harvesting mature deer!!! We set the age to 5.5yr old deer. The deer that is being discussed was without a doubt 5.5yrs old. He was the ONLY 5.5 year old deer on the no kill list the OP speaks of. But what he failed to mention is the multiple discussions we had about moving him to the KILL LIST!

I will admit that with us having a tenative kill/no kill list that its unfair to send an arrow at a deer EVERYONE has not talked about. Im the only person that has seen that deer this year. Age was not a question , the deer met all lease requirements other than the OP’s (maybe hell blow up at 6.5) He walked out infront of me 200+lbs and about 145” of antler. I had the opportunity and I took it. As for him nonchalantly calling me a liar, I didnt tell anyone about the deer simply because I spent 20+ hrs searching sick to my stomach about the reality I may not find him. Its something ill never stop thinking about, All I can do is pray he lives. I hope this clears up some of the “mud” I am a 100% team player but rules have to be across the board. There can not be a grey area or exceptions on deer just because they dont meet your standards. P.S this is something that should have been discussed with myself and the other 7 members on the lease prior to going to a social forum!

Well there you have it TBH

2 Sides to every story!
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:38 PM   #377
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Wheres that awkward meme??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #378
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Quote:

Holy Crap! This thread never ceases to give you more. Just when you thought it was going to curl up and die, the alleged perp walks in and give his side!!!

Welcome to the fire EMiller. Hopefully your target buck lives. They are some tough critters.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:51 PM   #379
Stuck
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quackerbox View Post
Wheres that awkward meme??

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
If he stays on the lease we’ll have to get a picture of everyone around the camp fire and use it.

I was wondering why this thread popped back up. Probably be here for a couple days again.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:54 PM   #380
hgiles
Ten Point

Hunt In: my blind

hgiles is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:55 PM   #381
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atfulldraw View Post
Yeah, I can see the problem.....
Yep....
SwampRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 05:58 PM   #382
boh347
Pope & Young

Hunt In: coke county, tx Nolan county, tx

Man sounds like y’all need a new lease manager.
boh347 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #383
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County

Quote:

You must have been really tired walking around for 20 hours straight. Sucks you didn’t find him
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 06:15 PM   #384
Mbbriggs05
Spike

Hunt In: Orange, Newton, Sabine

Hhmmmm.....

Crickets chirping on this one
Mbbriggs05 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #385
bownut
Four Point

Hunt In: Anderson and Mills county

Kill em all
bownut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 06:19 PM   #386
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Before I saw this post... I was thinking to myself as I scrolled through... how can we be sure the guy didn't come clean and wasn't going to bring up the fact he arrowed a buck... seems folks were taking one side's word as gospel. We don't know how it was communicated... if it was pryed out or not... at a minimum he acknowledged it at some point.

Quote:

I can't really make a call on who is right or wrong in this situation... to me, it seems like there is an environment for a ton of confusion. I agree, things like this should be discussed internally before being thrown out on a public forum.

But... I think I might side with you just because I understood your response here and you know where the period and comma are on a keyboard!!!!

Sucks you are going through all of this and didn't even have the deer to show for it!
Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 PM   #387
Hendo
Four Point

Hunt In: Mills County, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bownut View Post
Kill em all

Haha!

Hendo is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 PM   #388
EMiller
Nubbin' Buck

Honestly there is no right or wrong, the whole thing is just a crap shoot. But its definitely something that will be discussed as a group on our lease. We will go to ONE definitive rule which is 5.5+ yr old deer. Whats sad had this situation been the reverse, id be giving him a high five and a congratulations! Good luck out there everyone!
EMiller is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #389
bakin7005
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma / San Saba Co.

I smell an opening!!
bakin7005 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 07:14 PM   #390
SwampRabbit
Pope & Young

Quote:
Honestly there is no right or wrong, the whole thing is just a crap shoot. But its definitely something that will be discussed as a group on our lease. We will go to ONE definitive rule which is 5.5+ yr old deer. Whats sad had this situation been the reverse, id be giving him a high five and a congratulations! Good luck out there everyone!
So you are saying that you convinced the other 7 members that you were right? Does that mean you are the new lease boss and the other guy went packing? You seem pretty sure that you are going to one rule now...
Old 11-08-2018, 07:59 PM   #391
Lawhunter
Eight Point

The next lease weekend should be “interesting” to say the least.
Lawhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 08:11 PM   #392
SaintBlaise
Four Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, TX

If you have a No Kill List. Then you need to have a list of consequences for not following the camp rules. For instance, if you shoot a deer on the No Kill List, then your hunting privileges will be immediately and permanently revoked without any refund.
SaintBlaise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #393
Hix
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hix is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 PM   #394
doghouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills County

Sounds like a can of worms to me. I'm way to old to have someone telling me what I can kill and what I cannot. Fortunately I hunt my own land with Sil's and Grand kids.
doghouse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM   #395
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hix View Post

I’m positive he’s talking about Freakin Rican

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 09:59 PM   #396
justletmein
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public lands

Quote:

Get back out there and shoot him again. Then find a lease for next year without Mickey Mouse lists and random knee jerk rules that destroy hunting, or better yet hunt public land. There are a few leases that properly implement management rules based on real data and succeed at improving the herd, most are just a bunch of guys playing the part because they were told it's cool and they stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 10:03 PM   #397
low_tec
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Lampasas County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles View Post
I’m positive he’s talking about Freakin Rican

He has never made it on the list
low_tec is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #398
wellingtontx
Ten Point

Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas

Too many rules.......
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:08 PM   #399
Hix
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas- Gregg Co., Cass & Marion Co.
Default What to do when a lease member shoots a buck on the no hit list ?

He was on the list....
Farm truck was off said list and removed from lease.. poor guy must have had to walk to the stand

Hix is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 11-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #400
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Mr Miller, Im not choosing sides on this cluster F but I will say you lost a lot of credibility when you shot and didnt recover a deer and didnt tell anyone about it.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top