No announcement yet.

So, you're minding your own business ans drive up on this:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It turns out he was an illegal alien. Had the car coming around the corner try to hit the drivers door it would have put them in the LEO line of fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
      Oh I fully understand living life, but yes, there is a problem getting my head around the logic of wanting to see a firefight and being excited about it

Please refer back to Dave’s post
      I don't know. Why is everything more exciting in person? Robberies,car chases,tornadoes,dangerous animals,car wrecks,fights.....sex....it just is.

I never said I wanted me to get shot at. But if I just so happened to see a cop unloading on a car I'd be fine with it. As long as it ain't mine.
      Last edited by okrattler; 11-17-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        Fair enough. When it's your time to die you're gonna die regardless. Now put yourself in a wheelchair paralyzed from the neck down because you made the decision to put yourself in a predicament you had no business stepping into. That cop would go on living,yeah probably. And you'd never cross his mind from that day forward while you're sitting in your motorized wheelchair. You don't owe nothin to nobody in this world. Take care of yourself and your own people. Because at the end of the day that's all you've got.
        I have to say that based on what I know of you, this surprises me. I disagree. I do believe we owe the world a little humanity and that when we see our fellow man in need, whether a police officer in a desperate situation or a homeless person who need a meal, we should act. The world has enough people that don't give a **** about their fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I have to say that based on what I know of you, this surprises me. I disagree. I do believe we owe the world a little humanity and that when we see our fellow man in need, whether a police officer in a desperate situation or a homeless person who need a meal, we should act. The world has enough people that don't give a **** about their fellow man.
          I agree to a point. But you also have to look at the situation and evaluate what is best for you. In this particular situation what would getting killed or having a life changing injury do to change the situation for the better? Cops signed up for that. Getting into the middle of a firefight won't do anything but cause you grief in the end. If you see a cop getting repeatedly kicked in the head that's a different story. If you see a man beating his wife,kids or slapping an elderly person by all means step in. If you see a handicapped person struggling help them. If a homeless person needs you to buy them food then help them out. But look at a situation and think before acting because you could be doing more harm than good. Either to yourself or someone else for no good reason. That cop has it figured out if he's shooting at somebody.

Comment

I agree to a point. But you also have to look at the situation and evaluate what is best for you. In this particular situation what would getting killed or having a life changing injury do to change the situation for the better? Cops signed up for that. Getting into the middle of a firefight won't do anything but cause you grief in the end. If you see a cop getting repeatedly kicked in the head that's a different story. If you see a man beating his wife,kids or slapping an elderly person by all means step in. If you see a handicapped person struggling help them. If a homeless person needs you to buy them food then help them out. But look at a situation and think before acting because you could be doing more harm than good. Either to yourself or someone else for no good reason. That cop has it figured out if he's shooting at somebody.
            I would say that cop most definitely DID NOT have it "figured out". He was in a defensive position and fighting for his life. I bet he would have appreciated the hell out of any help he got at that point. But you're right, every situation is different. In this situation, that cop needed somebody to run that ******* over. Worrying about getting shot by the cop is kinda silly. Y'all think he'd keep shooting when somebody ran his target over? I bet he'd stop shooting, throw up his morning donuts and be your friend forever.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              I would say that cop most definitely DID NOT have it "figured out". He was in a defensive position and fighting for his life. I bet he would have appreciated the hell out of any help he got at that point. But you're right, every situation is different. In this situation, that cop needed somebody to run that ******* over. Worrying about getting shot by the cop is kinda silly. Y'all think he'd keep shooting when somebody ran his target over? I bet he'd stop shooting, throw up his morning donuts and be your friend forever.
              It's hard to say what a person would do in that exact moment. It's easy for me to say I'd keep driving right here and now. But I'm sitting at home and I have time to think about what would happen if I were to get killed or was handicapped in such a situation. My best friend is in a wheelchair,we go huntin all the time. I don't know who'd take him out as often if I weren't around. My great grandmother is in the nursing home. She likes for me to come see her. What if I weren't around to see her anymore? Who would go see her? I have all of these people I worry about and do my best to take care of. Maybe saying you don't owe anything to anyone was harsh. But to a point it's got some truth to it. There are people that truly do need you in their life. You owe it to them to come home each and every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
                I would try to assist and I’ve been shot at 4 deployments worth in the inf.
                And I've spent some time in the same AO as the Rakkasans and always enjoyed having them around.

I dont mean to disparage people who haven't been around a shooting and hope that none of you are ever in that situation. To say what you would do with out any training or ever been in that kind of situation is presumptuous.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, F250 ramin that drivers door would have put a hurt on that pos.

Comment

My first thought honestly was that the driver of the Ford Explorer was going to turn the wheel to the left and drive over the shooter. That was my first instinct.

Comment

I can’t say what I would do, but I can definitely say what I WOULDN’T DO. I definitely wouldn’t get in the middle of that sh#t show.

I’ll gladly let “the professionals” handle it.

Comment

Drugs or at least paraphernalia were involved.

My shocked face. [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I don't know. Why is everything more exciting in person? Robberies,car chases,tornadoes,dangerous animals,car wrecks,fights.....sex....it just is.

I never said I wanted me to get shot at. But if I just so happened to see a cop unloading on a car I'd be fine with it. As long as it ain't mine.

Solved!!!!

You need to enlist

11B

Should be able to experience all you want to

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                            That other car should have rammed him, an f250 in the side of that door would have ended it pretty quick.
                            Spoken like a true Texan! And you that F250 has a cattle guard/battering ram!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Saggy View Post
                              Solved!!!!

You need to enlist

11B

Should be able to experience all you want to
                              I wish I'd have already done that. I'm partially blind in my left eye. Surgery won't fix it. Can't see out of it worth a dang. I was also born with spina bifida. I was told I'd never be able to enlist in anything by numerous doctors.

My parents told me as a kid "You can be whatever you want to be." Well it was either join the military or be a ninja. Turns out they weren't completely right about that. I couldn't join the military and it's too late to start karate classes. So I'm gonna have to fall back on what I want to be now. Which is.......I don't know. A millionaire seems like a cool gig. I'm just trying to figure out how I can be one. I'll settle for being half a millionaire. No sense in setting the bar too high.
                              Last edited by okrattler; 11-17-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

If I am the first car pulling up in the same scenario, and same position/situation... i'm putting my ranch hand in the side of that dudes head and keeping the pedal jammed to the floor until we are both off the road...

Comment

Working...
                                X