All the cars heading south

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the cars heading south

Is there that big of a shortage of cars south of the border? Starting to see alot more of the 3 car convoys heading south

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I had a work territory on I-10 East I would see tons of them. It was like someone went to the crappy car lot in town, had a destruction derby with the worst cars, then hooked them together and headed south.

Comment

Trump has them hauling our junk out to help pay for the wall

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by waffles View Post
        Is there that big of a shortage of cars south of the border? Starting to see alot more of the 3 car convoys heading south

They come back packed with dope

Comment

And illegals

Comment

I’m gonna let my inspection and license laps and just write “In Tow” on the back window. Get some of those magnetic signal lights also.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
              I’m gonna let my inspection and license laps and just write “In Tow” on the back window. Get some of those magnetic signal lights also.!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Lmao. Great idea.

Comment

Yea, you'll never see one pulled over by a cop that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                  Yea, you'll never see one pulled over by a cop that is for sure.
                  Not true. In South Texas these haulers are targeted quite often. I see them a lot on back roads avoiding towns like Driscoll, Bishop and Kingsville. These places often pull them over in hopes of catching money headed south or paper work not being order and all the vehicles get confiscated and auctioned back off to the public. Money maker for the county.

I was on a lease with someone who made a good living by purchasing these junk cars for cheap, sending them to relatives in Mexico who would get them back running, slap a fresh coat of paint on them and have them brought to or sold to used car dealerships all over the state for resale at three times what they put in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Bud View Post
                    Not true. In South Texas these haulers are targeted quite often. I see them a lot on back roads avoiding towns like Driscoll, Bishop and Kingsville. These places often pull them over in hopes of catching money headed south or paper work not being order and all the vehicles get confiscated and auctioned back off to the public. Money maker for the county.

I was on a lease with someone who made a good living by purchasing these junk cars for cheap, sending them to relatives in Mexico who would get them back running, slap a fresh coat of paint on them and have them brought to or sold to used car dealerships all over the state for resale at three times what they put in it.
                    We run down I_37 a lot and see them in droves, but I have never seen one pulled over, maybe too much hassle in all that traffic and they get them on the back roads then. We laugh at the boldness of these guys, usually the lead car looks worse than the towed rigs.

Comment

Yeah I get a good laugh out them too. Where else can you see three Toyota Tacos being toad piggy back by a Geo Tracker. At least they stay in the right lane.lol

Comment

I passed a bunch of these coming home from work the other day... Couldn't believe the first Trooper that saw them wouldn't stop the lot!

Comment

I work an auction every Wednesday. There are 3 or 4 buyers who buy cars and take around 10 cars to Mexico.

Twice a week

They rarely spend more than 600 bucks on a car and and sell them for around 2k

Comment

Most are headed to south america...dangerous journeys.

Comment

I was in Kerrville about a month ago..had 2 of them getting fuel next to me. I asked him where he was going, and how much was he getting for the haul.

He said he was heading to Guatemala, 3 cars total and some bikes/junk mixed in.

Said when everything is sold, he would make about 7-8k American dollars. He said with the flight into the states, fuel,paperwork to get back down, he should clear about 5k. About a week worth of driving.

Says he will be back on a flight a week or 2 later, getting ready for the next run.

Comment

Working...
                              X