Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6mm creedmoor Load data help

I’m
    About to start loading up some rounds with my 6mm creed built by APR.

The following are my chosen components:

Starline brass
    CCI 200 primer
    Berger 105gr vld’s
    H4350 and RL26 powder

I don’t have a modified case made yet, so hoping someone can steer me towards a good starting point for COAL.

*Ive seen 2.730” in several reloading manuals and was going to start there if I don’t find any other info.

As far as h4350, I know it’s extremely popular and 41-42gr is common.

Any help with personal loads or experience would be greatly appreciated!

I just finished a couple of load work ups on my 6CM with some different components than you, but it may help. H4350 shot decent, but RL16 shot much better in my gun. I’m saving all my RL26 for my 6.CM. My COAL was 2.750. I have a modified case if you want to borrow it. Just let me know.

Ruger American Predator
    Hornady Brass
    Fed 210 primer
    108 ELMD

H4350: Shot 40.8-42.0 grains

RL16: Shot 40.0- 41.4 grains
    40.8 had all 3 shots touching
    41.1 had 2 in the same hole, one just outside the pair.

Comment

I didn’t see any pressure signs on any of those loads.

Comment

ok thanks for the offer on the case and the load info

Comment

Look up Brian Allen’s method of finding lands with a cleaning rod. I no longer use the oal tool and have a couple modified 6 Creed cases but Brian’s method is better. If you still like the Hornady tool better, I’ll give you a case. Only problem is I am flying out of town today and won’t be back until Saturday.

Comment

Also you need to load at SAMMI specs until you can measure your COAL. No point in taking a chance and potentially blowing up that purdy rifle or worse, your face.

Personally I always wait til I have a modified case to measure COAL before I load any rounds.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
              Look up Brian Allen’s method of finding lands with a cleaning rod. I no longer use the oal tool and have a couple modified 6 Creed cases but Brian’s method is better. If you still like the Hornady tool better, I’ll give you a case. Only problem is I am flying out of town today and won’t be back until Saturday.
              Alright, I tried to find the video but wasn’t able to locate it. Basically size a case to where it fits freely in chamber. Remove bolt from rifle and Insert cleaning rod into muzzle and contact the empty case with cleaning rod. Hold your finger on the case head of empty cartridge confirming the cleaning rod pushed case in and out of chamber with no resistance. Next, seat a bullet long and insert it in chamber with your finger until you feel it make contact. Now it will take a little tap with cleaning rod to dislodge the bullet from lands. Seat incrementally deeper until you feel no resistance. This is your “0” mark for your lands.
              It is repeatable to the thousandth every time.
              Last edited by JakeGraves; 08-01-2019, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                Also you need to load at SAMMI specs until you can measure your COAL. No point in taking a chance and potentially blowing up that purdy rifle or worse, your face.

Personally I always wait til I have a modified case to measure COAL before I load any rounds.

Sierracharlie out…
                It’s only 70,000psi 3” from your face😳

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                  It’s only 70,000psi 3” from your face[emoji15]

Haha yeah. . .

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                  X