No announcement yet.

Predator hunting optic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a vx2 2-7 power for night hunting predators. Killed a ton at 30 yards on 2x while they moving

Comment

Fixed 6x SWFA on one.

Aimpoint red dot on another (soon to upgrade to a Trijicon 1-8x)

You want a wide field of view on a predator rifle, lower magnification. Simple crosshairs (mil dots are fine if you're accustomed to them)

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
        I run a Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x with Duplex reticle. It’s not a busy reticle and is easy to pick up under red light. I rarely am above 7x for most shots. If something hangs up in brush and I need more magnification, 15x is plenty for identification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^Agree with this^^^
        I run virtually the same setup -Zeiss 4.5-14X50. Not complicated, clear, well illuminated picture at night, cross-hairs are easily visible in red light (or whatever you like to run)

Comment

Ever tried a white light?

El set if you’d have as much trouble with your reticle with a white light instead of a red one.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
            Ever tried a white light?

El set if you’d have as much trouble with your reticle with a white light instead of a red one.
            Have you ever tried a white light for predator hunting?

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
              That's all I used exclusively for a long time. And for a while I used a super bright lightforce light that would light up a target well enough to shoot out to 1000 yards. I really did prefer it over the red lights. Have went back to red with the sniper lights and have done just as well with the 66lrx they make but I miss the white light at times. Was much easier to make out the bodies of the animals at night and I felt I could spot them easier. I will say though my kill counts went up dramatically once I got some good high quality light that I could actually see the animals.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                Yes Sir between red, green and white, I can s see em further with a white light than any other.

Never noticed a difference between red or green as far as spooking animals goes.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                  That's all I used exclusively for a long time. And for a while I used a super bright lightforce light that would light up a target well enough to shoot out to 1000 yards. I really did prefer it over the red lights. Have went back to red with the sniper lights and have done just as well with the 66lrx they make but I miss the white light at times. Was much easier to make out the bodies of the animals at night and I felt I could spot them easier. I will say though my kill counts went up dramatically once I got some good high quality light that I could actually see the animals.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                  Yes Sir between red, green and white, I can s see em further with a white light than any other.

Never noticed a difference between red or green as far as spooking animals goes.
                  Every yote I have hit with a white light, usually when trying to identify a critter that gets hung up, has turned tail and run off with the quickness. Our yotes do no like white lights. Red has worked best for me.

Comment

For scanning I'd rather have a red light over a green light. It seems like their eyes light up better under a red light. When it comes time to shoot I'd rather shoot with white light.

Everyone is different though maybe for some green is better. I'm just not real big on using a green light.

Comment

Working...
                    X