No announcement yet.

Stick Burner or Pellet Grill???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick hands down. Not knocking them...Pellets are good, easy, and consistent. But they are no stick burner

Comment

Electric smoker. Almost every restraint uses them. Even BBQ joints that people save about. Cook on electric rotating racks and have smoke chips. Then they throw it over the in house smoker to keep warm and for show

Comment

I use both. Stick burner for when I can hang around the house and babysit it and the pellet smoker for times I want to just walk away and do other things. Both have their pros and cons.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          Stick hands down. Not knocking them...Pellets are good, easy, and consistent. But they are no stick burner
          This..I'm telling you.If you're good on a stick burning smoker,you'll be sorely disappointed in a pellet grill.May depend on what you're cooking.Brisket's?? Hands down Mesquite wood burning smoker..Everything else,not bad.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Search feature is your friend. This has been discussed MANY times before.

That said, I went thru this same ordeal and ended up getting rid of the stick burner and went 100% pellet grill. Is it the same quality? No. The end product is definitely good though.

The pure ease of use has way out trumped the want to run the stick burner. I find myself using it ALL the time now it is so easy to use (ran some fresh never frozen salmon on it tonight at 250).

I joke and call mine the easy bake oven, but there is some truth to this statement.

Comment

They pellets you buy make all the difference in the world. My first cook on mine resulted in VERY lackluster flavor. I used Pit Boss oak pellets. Turned out they suck.

I now use Lumberjack pellets and get tons of smoke flavor, good smoke ring and heavy bark.

No way I’d go back to a stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’ll sell you a stick burner for whatever the cost of the small Traeger Cost

Comment

Really enjoy my stick burner. Have an electric but only used it 4 or 5 times. It's a lot more work, but I enjoy it, and can cook a lot at once. Get what suits you best.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have both. Forced to pick one it would be the pellet grill. Turn it on and forget it for hours.

Comment

A weeks worth of lunch and some suppers

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        They pellets you buy make all the difference in the world. My first cook on mine resulted in VERY lackluster flavor. I used Pit Boss oak pellets. Turned out they suck.

I now use Lumberjack pellets and get tons of smoke flavor, good smoke ring and heavy bark.

No way I’d go back to a stick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        I will have to try lumberjack . I bought a couple of pellet smoker tubes and they help tremendously.

Comment

Ive always used a stick, but curiosity got ahold of me and I bought a pellet...for easy and simplicity pellet wins.. set the dial add pellets and come back in a few hours... but taste, a stick wins hands down in my book. Cooked a brisket on both, ended up selling the pellet smoker to a buddy of mine

Comment

Kamado Joe is as easy as a pellet smoker but more versatile. The lump charcoal is easy to find and if you want more smoke flavor add real wood chunks to it.

I believe you can still get them at Conn's and pay them out.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I sold my stick burner shortly after getting my Yoder. No regrets.

Comment

I never thought I'd really like a pellet grill except for the convenience of it. I bought a Pit Boss a few months ago and haven't used anything else since. It may be a little below a stick burner on the quality of the finished product but it isn't by much. The ease of use is excellent.

Last night at about 11pm I put two pork butts on and went to bed. I woke up at 6am and they were looking real good. I pulled them between 10 and 11, let them rest till we ate at 1. They turned out fabulous. Great bark, thick smoke ring and great flavor. And they cooked overnight while I was sleeping. That is the strong point of a pellet grill. I don't even want to think about babysitting a stick burner all night anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X