X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any one else been out lately?

Comment

Yup....

Me and the GF were out there this past weekend. Bucks are starting to drop their antlers, but we didn't find any sheds. Our main purpose was to kill some pigs, but we didn't even see a hog. I've got them on camera, plenty of them. I checked the cameras and found this cat pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01290352.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	24573077

It was bone dry out there. Hopefully this storm front will put some moisture on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
        I checked the cameras and found this cat pic.

[ATTACH]949685[/ATTACH]

It was bone dry out there. Hopefully this storm front will put some moisture on the ground.
        LOVE that cat!

It was really dry at our place but I was amazed at the amount of green grass on the ground. Deer still have a TON to eat on our place. Should be a heck of a start to new antlers with as healthy as the deer we saw and have on camera looked.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
          LOVE that cat!

It was really dry at our place but I was amazed at the amount of green grass on the ground. Deer still have a TON to eat on our place. Should be a heck of a start to new antlers with as healthy as the deer we saw and have on camera looked.
          Yeah, I was surprised how much green stuff was growing and the Mountain Laurel was starting to bloom along with some barrel cactus and other flowers. The deer were starting to change over to their summer coats and they look a little ragged, but they're still healthy.

I didn't see any big bucks last year. I'm not sure if the cats had them scared off or what. I'm really hoping for a better year this year.

Comment

Hey guys, I have an opportunity to start hunting a section of land on the Cedar Creek Ranch. Looking for any advise for hunting this area as I have never hunted out west before. What type of stands? Do the deer come to feeders? Peak rut?

Thanks.

Comment

Anyone going out this weekend?

Comment

I wish I could have gone. Too much stuff going on for the next month at least.

Comment

Anyone been out lately? We were out about 3 weeks ago and it is greener that I've ever seen it. This should be the year for antlers hands down...... Just hope it dries up soon enough to get them to love the feeders. Surprisingly they are still hammering the protein as well.

Comment

I was supposed to go out the weekend of June 22nd, but I may not make it out then. I went to pick up my Mule from Alamo Cycle Plex this past weekend, got it home and drove it. It still makes that clunking sound/noise and now its even worse. I put it back on the trailer and drove straight back to SA. I'm pretty sure it won't be fixed in time to go the 22nd. It just ****** me off.

Comment

Rainfall app shows we got 6/10th's more rain last night. This is gonna be a great year for antlers...

Comment

They have been hitting the protein from the new timed release feeder:

Comment

I’m hoping to make it out the weekend of the 22nd.

Comment

I won't be able to make a trip out there until July 19th. You guys got any new pics of interesting stuff out there?

Comment

Another 1.5" of rain in the last week and more in the forecast....

Comment

One of our members went out to feed two weeks ago. Said everything was green and the grass was higher than he's ever seen it. We HAD a pretty good size tree in front of the camp house. It wither got struck by lightning or wind broke it about 3 feet off the ground.

They've had a lot of rain over there and several large washes we had are even larger now. Last years flood made the creek bed at least 20 feet wider in one spot and washed out our crossing point at another creek bed. Another member may have to take his skid steer out to fix some of those spots.

I'm going to try and make it out the weekend of the 22nd. I haven't been since the end of February an my trigger finger is killing me. I've got 3 cameras I need to check on as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X