Need advice badly on a lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice badly on a lease

I found a lease right out side Glen rose. It was suppose to be 400 acres. When we went to look at it I thought it was awfully small. It sounds like a great place and nice lease boss but when we mapped it when we got home it’s 240 acres. The cost is 2500 a person if only 4 hunters are on it. We called the guy on the amount of land and he was shocked. I’m stuck there is some deer there and turkey are hit and miss. I was so excited that the search of was over I told my 5 year old. So the question is what would y’all say or do. I’m on the fence I know it’s still early and other leases might pop up but then again I might not be able to find another for little man and I

If they lie about acreage, what else might they being lying about?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

^^^THIS^^^

Sounds like a scam.

Comment

Your cost per acre just doubled.

Comment

4 guys on 240 acres is way too crowded.

Comment

How would the lease boss not know the actual acreage? Do you think the lease boss was honestly not sure the acreage or were they trying to manipulate you?

Comment

240 or 400 either way, $2500 per gun and 4 guns on the lease is way too much, especially for that county IMO. Just keep looking until you find what you want. It's your money, and you can spend it as you see fit. If this doesn't feel right, then don't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Canoe1 View Post

This exactly ^^^

I'm sure it's tempting, but there will always be something better come along.

Comment

I'm with the rest...there is no way 240 acres could confused with 400. You were lied to, don't walk away from it, run.

Comment

The gentleman that I’m dealing with seems very honest. He sounded shocked when we let him know actual acreage. I think he went off of some one else word and haven’t really looked in 7 years. I’m leaning towards he we go again looking for a lease.

Comment

Keep looking

Comment

Run

Comment

How can you be confused between 240 compared to 400 acres? That's almost half as much that's supposed to be there. I smell fish......

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                            The Liar that I’m dealing with seems like a very Liar. He sounded shocked when we let him know actual acreage. I think he went off of some one else word and haven’t really looked in 7 years. I’m leaning towards he we go again looking for a lease.
                            fify.

Comment

He might've been "shocked" but still that doesn't excuse the fact that he wasn't factual in saying that it was 400 acres. That ain't the place for you, much less 3 others!

Comment

Working...
                              X