Cool "Pet" Vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool "Pet" Vid

This all started last year when she came into the yard one day and wasn't very skittish at all. Eventually she let us get closer and closer as she sat on the bird feeder eating. This turned into her allowing me to hand feed her a pecan one day, and the rest is history, as they say. Now she scratches on the front door a couple times a week to let us know she's hungry lol. My 5 year old daughter loves her to death and pets all over her.

Red Squirrels make great pets.
    Boars can be a little cranky sometimes.
    Grays on the other hand, fuhgetaboutit.
    Awesome video

Comment

Very cool

Comment

Who says you can’t buy love ?

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Who says you can’t buy love ?
          Lol it's only costing me about $10/week in shelled pecans

Comment

Poor thing looks like it’s starving!! Haha

Comment

Looks like he gets plenty to eat, ....so does the squirrel

Very cool!

Comment

We had one around the house when I was a kid, that we hand fed pecans, also. It started chewing up everything around the house to build a nest in the Martin house my dad built. It destroyed that bird house inside and out. Came home one day from school and couldn't find her. Dad never told me, but I'm pretty sure I know what happened to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                  Looks like he gets plenty to eat, ....so does the squirrel

Very cool!
                  lol yea neither one of us misses many meals

Comment

That is awesome!!

Comment

A friends wife fed one popcorn until it got too fat to climb. It would knock on the back door for food..........

Comment

nice. I kinda want a pet possum for the back porch. My wife does not agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                          A friends wife fed one popcorn until it got too fat to climb. It would knock on the back door for food..........
                          Lol. I may give the popcorn a try... she won't eat anything else but pecans currently

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
                            nice. I kinda want a pet possum for the back porch. My wife does not agree.
                            Yea I'm not sure a possum would go over to well at my house either lol. We've got some red foxes that live behind the house tho. I would love to have a kit for a pet. I had em come into a call not too long ago

Comment

We had one that would do that on the back porch. I decided to mess with it one day and didn't let go of the pecan when he tried to take it. He proceeded to bite all the way through the skin between my index finder and thumb.

Comment

Working...
                              X