Do's and Don'ts of Dubai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do's and Don'ts of Dubai

Anyone every been? Heading there next month for a week. Things one must do or see?

(Yes its open and pretty cheap right now due to European countries not being allowed to travel)

Golf, Falconry, sand dune rides. The place is pretty incredible. I visited once but spent most of my time in Abu Dhabi.

Comment

See, I wanted to go to Abu Dhabi while there. I want to see the grand Mosque and stuff. I golf. Buddy going with doesn't. I might have to talk him into giving it a try though.

Def wanna go to the sand dunes. I didn't know they would let you do Falconry though.

One other thing I want to do is go to Camel Races, if they are having them. Apparently its an experience to see how into it people are.

Comment

It is a very cool place and for the most part everyone there goes over the top to make sure you are satisfied with your stay.

Comment

agreed, folks are nice and want to make sure you have a good impression of them and the place. we hired a personal driver for our time there and he just sat outside until we wanted to get around. He took us to the hidden gems within the HUGE markets and made sure we got local pricing on trinkets & trash type souvenirs we bought. Atlantis Resort is pretty much the same as the one in Bahamas but fancier shops per my girls. Enjoy the get away! Are yall flying Emirates?

Comment

Buy lots of gold at the gold suke (flee market). It’s roughly 1.5 miles long, both sides are gold and jewelry. Prices are very inexpensive and you can haggle on craftsmanship pricing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by hrdwrkncwby76 View Post
              Buy lots of gold at the gold suke (flee market). It’s roughly 1.5 miles long, both sides are gold and jewelry. Prices are very inexpensive and you can haggle on craftsmanship pricing.

Thank you for this!!

Comment

[QUOTE=Landrover;15548145]agreed, folks are nice and want to make sure you have a good impression of them and the place. we hired a personal driver for our time there and he just sat outside until we wanted to get around. He took us to the hidden gems within the HUGE markets and made sure we got local pricing on trinkets & trash type souvenirs we bought. Atlantis Resort is pretty much the same as the one in Bahamas but fancier shops per my girls. Enjoy the get away! Are yall flying Emirates?[/QUOTE

Flying united actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  agreed, folks are nice and want to make sure you have a good impression of them and the place. we hired a personal driver for our time there and he just sat outside until we wanted to get around. He took us to the hidden gems within the HUGE markets and made sure we got local pricing on trinkets & trash type souvenirs we bought. Atlantis Resort is pretty much the same as the one in Bahamas but fancier shops per my girls. Enjoy the get away! Are yall flying Emirates?
                  Flying United.

Comment

[quote=CB_TxNole;15548198]
                    Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    agreed, folks are nice and want to make sure you have a good impression of them and the place. we hired a personal driver for our time there and he just sat outside until we wanted to get around. He took us to the hidden gems within the HUGE markets and made sure we got local pricing on trinkets & trash type souvenirs we bought. Atlantis Resort is pretty much the same as the one in Bahamas but fancier shops per my girls. Enjoy the get away! Are yall flying Emirates?[/QUOTE

Flying united actually.
                    that works even better!!!

Comment

Also I don’t know if it happens in Dubai but I’m sure it’s probably a common practice throughout the Middle East. Be wary of imitation and knocked off silver coins if you’re going to buy those make sure you know what the weights should be before you purchase

Comment

This is an app that I have on my phone that should be able to help you

Comment

Dunes,spice market, the mall with indoor skiing is cool to see and the irish pub is where you can meet people from all over..fyi, dont act a full when drinking, they dont like it!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's been 10 plus years since I've been, but Abu Dhabi used to have a golf course made of sand. You carried a peice of grass to hit off of.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t order bacon or pork chops for breakfast.

Comment

Working...
                              X