Hanging Mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hanging Mounts

If you dont have a stud lined up in the wall where you want to hang your mount, whats the best hanger method? At the present time, we're using one of those picture hangers that looks like a giant hook. Poke hole through the sheetrock and reverse the hook. Weight of the mount causes the back of the hook to press into the sheetrock. So far so good, but always looking for safer methods.

I usually just buy a 50lb wall anchor from home depot or Lowes

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Depends on the mount. How big, how heavy, etc...? I always try to line mine up with a Stud, but if not and its a fairly light mount I just use the drywall anchors and no issues.

Comment

Yes to dry wall anchors.
        The type of hanger makes a difference too. There is a type of hanger called the no-tilt. I had a couple of wall pedestal mounts that were very unbalanced as far as weight distribution and the McKenzie hangers were pulling the anchors right out of the drywall. I found these no tilt hangers and replaced the mckenzies with them. Best hanger ever. Those mounts are flush with the wall and going no where.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post

I used these but i think mine were the 75lb. Haven't had any problems.

Comment

I use these

Comment

I've been using heavy duty Gorilla hooks. I feel like if the bracket is placed to properly distribute the weight of the mount, you won't have those issues with pushing a dent in the sheetrock. They've worked pretty well on their own for lighter mounts, and worked very well for heavier 2-bracket mounts where I've been able to hit at least one stud.

Comment

Once you use these you will never go back. They screw right in with a drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There's also these if you want to use a stud but have the mount in a different spot. I have a few of them. They work well.

Comment

Monkey hooks work good for me

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
                      Once you use these you will never go back. They screw right in with a drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                      Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post

Yep this type is all I use. The 50lb anchors worked for all of my animals.

Comment

For whitetail, I just use a normal large picture hanger and put the nail in at a downward angle. Deer mounts aren't near heavy enough to pull a large nail through the drywall.

Comment

On a heavy axis wall pedestall that my wife wanted centered on a 4' wide wall, I had to get creative. I used a piece of 1/8" flat bar to span the off centered studs, and welded a lug where the center of the wall landed. She painted it the same color as the wall, and you cannot even see it unless it is pointed out. Blends right in.

Comment

Working...
                          X