Who still has busted pipes or damage from the storm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who still has busted pipes or damage from the storm

Saw a story on the local news about some folks still with no water and power
    Me personally I have one leaking pipe we are still waiting on a plumber to fix
    ( I don’t mess with copper)
    Just curious

I had 3 leaks from the freeze. Turns out my plumbing was galvanized & super corroded. Decided to completely re-pipe my house with insulated pex. Plumbers are going to finish that project today, then on to dry wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
      I had 3 leaks from the freeze. Turns out my plumbing was galvanized & super corroded. Decided to completely re-pipe my house with insulated pex. Plumbers are going to finish that project today, then on to dry wall.
      I am considering this as well in the near future....who did you use?

Comment

Hear some folks on ctec & PEC , north east and north west of Fredericksburg are still having electric power problems

Comment

Originally posted by Alphabets View Post
          I am considering this as well in the near future....who did you use?
          Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
            Pm sent
            Curious as well if you would PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
              Curious as well if you would PM me.
              Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by ReidJustin
                It's okay that people don't have water, I'm not even surprised that no one cares about them.
                Huh?

Comment

Yep. Staying in a hotel for week #3. Slooooow insurance and contractor.

Comment

In the same boat. Been using the ole deer lease camper for showering and such. Hopefully get the piping all done tomorrow. Been 29 days with no water in the house. Reminds me of the old days.

Comment

I was without water for 2 1/2 weeks. My pipes and my booster pump cracked in my well house....with a heat lamp over the pump. Too cold for too long. My fault.

I had it brazed and was able to get fittings from well service...a week later. My neighbor helped me to put it all back together.

Well, the pump just hummed...drats. the crack messed up the the alignment. It was toast.

I was able to go back to well service folks( who, I am on their list to fix my "problem") and buy a new booster pump. I cut the old the one out and was able to connect the new one.

We have water...MAMA is happy. I do have a few drips in the connections. I can live with that until one of well folks can come over and re do what I did. I will gladly pay someone to do it right. I was close, but I will defer to their expertise.

Comment

We lucked out and caught it when the pipes started to thaw and got it shut off before any damage. Ran air in the water lines to find the leaks or splits in the copper. 16 in the house and 2 in the barn. Lucked out none in wall all in the attic. Did have the water inlet valve in the clothes washer freeze and split. Amazon Prime got that part to us in a couple days. Took a few baths out of a 5 gal bucket in the shower but up and running now.

Comment

Good luck to y’all - I spent 3 days running around my house like a crazy man. Hair dryer to exposed lines and all to keep the flow going. Learned more in a couple days about my plumbing than I ever did before.

Never seen anything like this. Absolute craziness.

Comment

I had a leak show up after the freeze. I had old corroded galvanized pipe as well. Patched it until I could get all my fittings for pex. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any fittings locally so I had to get everything but pipe off the Amazons. I did everything myself, with some help from the better half, and completed it in about 3 half days. The leak ruined about a sheet and a half of sheetrock. Now on to a remodel of the laundry room where the leak was.

Comment

our local Llano plumber is still backed up.

I had to cap a line to the addition in our rental house until he can get un-busy.

Comment

Working...
                              X