Do I need to add a caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to add a caliber

Trying to decide if I should add 7mm-08 to my list of calibers. I currently mainly run 308’s but also have 243,270 and larger calibers. I also only really shoot suppressed and I don’t see a good selection of 16-20” 7mm-08.

What are your thoughts?

You don’t “need” a 7mm08 as some of your other calibers are similar. But if I were in your situation I’d certainly “want” one. Find some Nosler 120 grain ballistic tips and get to killing.

Comment

Maybe you should find the ammo first.......

Comment

The answer is always YES!

I love the 7-08 and don’t think you could go wrong with one. But, if you have 308, 270 & 243, maybe add something smaller like a 22-250 or 223?

Comment

Originally posted by kc5rkg View Post
          The answer is always YES!

I love the 7-08 and don’t think you could go wrong with one. But, if you have 308, 270 & 243, maybe add something smaller like a 22-250 or 223?
          I also have 223 in AR and a 700 AAC 223 I got on here last month. No 22-250 though.

I have a case of Hornady 7mm-08 ammo that someone bought me last year thinking that it was for a 7mag that’s why I’m thinking of getting a rifle for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
            I also have 223 in AR and a 700 AAC 223 I got on here last month. No 22-250 though.

I have a case of Hornady 7mm-08 ammo that someone bought me last year thinking that it was for a 7mag that’s why I’m thinking of getting a rifle for it.
            Then I would definitely buy one!

Comment

He who dies with the most calibers wins.

Comment

Just sell me the ammo for pre COVID/Biden prices and your problem is solved.

If you need a sweet 7mm-08 have Robert build you one in the ARP thread and you win as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If you already got the ammo, might as well have the rifle!!

Comment

7mm08 is a great round for just about anything and everything,,,, but you have others that fit that also,, get you a big bore go with a 45-70, have some fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post

If you need a sweet 7mm-08 have Robert build you one in the ARP thread and you win as well.

That reminds me. I have a 6.5CM that Robert built me on the first group buy. Didn’t mention that caliber.

If I could trade the 7-08 for 308 or 6.5 I’d do it. I guess I’ll look for a Gun to go with the ammo.

Comment

I’m thinking of having APR build me a 7-08 18” 1:9 this year. Was leaning 308 but already have one so this was the next best choice. Even better if you already have ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post

If you need a sweet 7mm-08 have Robert build you one in the APR thread and you win as well.

fify

Comment

Do it man 7-08 is highly underrated.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

That reminds me. I have a 6.5CM that Robert built me on the first group buy. Didn’t mention that caliber.

If I could trade the 7-08 for 308 or 6.5 I’d do it. I guess I’ll look for a Gun to go with the ammo.

What ammo do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X