Home Insurance company issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had some pipes burst in my home during the freeze and currently waiting on insurance to pay out so I can get my home back together. Anyone have any advice to get them to move faster? Last thing I want to do is **** someone off so they drag it out even longer. Should I consult an attorney at this point? Right now we’re waiting on insurance to approve a contractors estimate and I keep getting the run around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=HighwayHunter;15658107]Had some pipes burst in my home during the freeze and currently waiting on insurance to pay out so I can get my home back together. Anyone have any advice to get them to move faster? Last thing I want to do is **** someone off so they drag it out even longer. Should I consult an attorney at this point? Right now we’re waiting on insurance to approve a contractors estimate and I keep getting the run around.

Stop being nice. Most everyone I know is done with rebuild and the insurance claim by now.

Comment

no advice but insurance company denied roof claim due to ice damming and causing it to sink, the adjuster was from houston and denied claim before he even came out, they then sent a engineer and was told house was build wrong. now we have to hire our one engineer and public adjustor and if this don't work then attorney will get involved it a stressful mess.

Hope you get it figure it out i would call your agent and make him follow up where your check is for repairs, i stopped calling adjuster due to him lying to me

Comment

Like said above, most are done with repairs. Might be an issue now of the huge increases on materials not matching up with what they expected cost to fix would be? I would definitely be making noise! How much is always the question..... good luck!

Comment

At this point I think you need to contact an attorney. Everything should have been settled by now. One of my insurance companies (Foremost) was moving too fast to suit me originally. They were sending me a check before I even knew how much the plumbing bill was. My agent opened claims within days after the freeze, before I even knew the extent of the damage.

Comment

I’m going to give my agent until Wednesday to get me a check or have one in the mail. After that I’ll probably search for an attorney. The “problem” lately has been the contractor didn’t prepare a detailed enough bid contains SF breakdown of things. Luckily for me minimal lumber is needed. Just insulation, drywall, cabinets and counters.

Comment

Originally posted by Anythinghunter8 View Post
              no advice but insurance company denied roof claim due to ice damming and causing it to sink, the adjuster was from houston and denied claim before he even came out, they then sent a engineer and was told house was build wrong. now we have to hire our one engineer and public adjustor and if this don't work then attorney will get involved it a stressful mess.

Hope you get it figure it out i would call your agent and make him follow up where your check is for repairs, i stopped calling adjuster due to him lying to me
              What does the house being built wrong have to do with anything? If it was built wrong they had the right to deny coverage. They can’t come back after collecting premiums and deny coverage.

Comment

Insurance companies are crooks! They deny everything. Three years ago I had hail damage on my roof. They denied the claim. I took pictures and submitted to them along with their so called adjuster that was not able to climb on the roof because he was overweight. Sent his buddy on the roof and I followed him around, all he did was rake a piece of chalk over my vents and said no hail damage. I showed him the pics I took and where they were on the roof.
                I called insurance company again this spring and met with a different adjuster before he climbed on the roof. Showed him the pics I took three years earlier. He said it definitely had hail damage. He confirmed it after his inspection. I never told him the pics were from three years ago.

Comment

After this long, P*** them off and demand action. The insurance Company has had way too much time....

Comment

You can demand appraisal and hire your own independent appraiser, the insurance company will hire their own appraiser, and the 2 appraisers will agree to a 3rd person to be an Umpire and settle the dispute if the 2 appraisers can’t. Best 2 out of 3 wins. That’s probably the least expensive route if you can’t bark up enough trees within the claims department to get it moving somewhere. You could hire a public adjuster that willl cost you 10% of the amount of the claim or hire an attorney that will cost you a lot more than that.

Comment

I actually, had an adjuster tell me...........
                      After, my well-house washed away..........
                      It was a maintenance issue....and wasan't covered under
                      my current policy.................

I can't decide, who's more crooked............
                      Insurance.... or politicians...............

Comment

I work with a guy dealing with exact same issue. Last status was insurance was waiting on contractor to discuss the bid. Cost of materials have gone through the roof & insurance companies are balking at the bids
                        For the record he has State Farm

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                          I work with a guy dealing with exact same issue. Last status was insurance was waiting on contractor to discuss the bid. Cost of materials have gone through the roof & insurance companies are balking at the bids
                          For the record he has State Farm
                          So basically,.......... he has no insurance.........

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            So basically,.......... he has no insurance.........

It’s weird seeing people dogging State Farm on here. My dad has been with State Farm for years and whenever he’s had an issue they send him more money than needed and they do it quick. He’ll never leave State Farm lol.

Comment

Call and talk to someone at the State Insurance Board in Austin. They got State Farm's butts in gear for me several years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X