• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
    Out west of Dfw about an hr
    The river otter distribution map of Texas always surprises people
    Attached Files
    Last edited by .243 WSSM; 06-02-2021, 08:26 AM.

Comment

I stand corrected. That previous map with grey shading represents their historic range. The map below shows the historic range along with their current range in the darker grey shading. I am seeing them more frequently in the dfw area
      Attached Files

Comment

I had some fish delivered yesterday by Texas Fishing out of Caddo Mills. Brandon said this has been their best year ever, because there's a huge demand for fish due to freeze mortality. He operates in TX, OK, LA, and AR.

Comment

Do a shock survey

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            How deep is your lake?
            12’ deep
            Afraid it got too cold with that depth.
            Need 20’ plus I think to withstand the freeze we had this year.

Comment

I'm having the same issues my fish seem to have disappeared. but I know the freeze didn't get them not at 30' deep.

Comment

didn't effect my pond, but it wasn't nearly as cold down in setx. I have, however lost fish 3 different times to flooding. Harvey, Imelda, and we actually got hammered last week. Thankfully my house stayed dry every time.

Comment

I agree with you OP. My pond is about 1/3 acre x 8' deep, and I know that I lost a bunch of 7-8 pound channel catfish, and 1-3 pound largemouth bass to the freeze, and not one of them floated to the surface. Now, only 3 of the catfish and about 4 bass show up when I throw feed. Not sure why, but it looks like the perch fared okay, though.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeDuke View Post
                    I had some fish delivered yesterday by Texas Fishing out of Caddo Mills. Brandon said this has been their best year ever, because there's a huge demand for fish due to freeze mortality. He operates in TX, OK, LA, and AR.
                    I had fish delivered last week from Pond Kings out of Gainesville. They said the same thing about the demand.

Comment

Poached

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 3 small ponds on my place. All 3 froze completely over.
                        None are over 10’ deep and I haven’t noticed any fish loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                          Black bass, crappie, bluegill and catfish all grow up north. If you lost fish you'd have seen them.
                          This unless you have non native fish like tilapia or something they were fine during that freeze. You got otters, those things are multiplying like crazy lately.
                          Last edited by SC-001; 06-02-2021, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X