Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 years of buck history (East Tx edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 years of buck history (East Tx edition)

I was going through pictures on my phone and found some that I thought I'd share of this buck I've had on camera for the last 3 years. It's funny how some bucks can jump 20+ inches in a given year and some don't jump at all. Doubt he does much again this year but with all this rain, ya never know. He'll be on my short list if he does anything at all. Pics are in order from 2018-2020. Tell me how old he's gonna be in 2021
    Attached Files

Awesome, I too have had pics of multiple bucks south of you where they just don't put in much more year after year. I always figured my issue was lack of nutrition. How's your other bucks do as far as growth?

Comment

Cool pics watching that time lapse of your deer, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
        Awesome, I too have had pics of multiple bucks south of you where they just don't put in much more year after year. I always figured my issue was lack of nutrition. How's your other bucks do as far as growth?
        All my other bucks have jumped 20+ inches. I picked up this tract late in 2018 and didn't even hunt it then. I got pictures of a 4.5 yr old, mid 140's buck that jumped 20 inches in 2019 when I killed him at 162". Buck I killed in 2020 jumped 20 inches too, going from a mid 120's to 145". The only thing I can figure is this buck is over the hill and not gonna do much more unless he throws some trash

Comment

Getting that mass. Beautiful deer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Some bucks only get so big.

Comment

7 or 8 in 2021..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                7 or 8 in 2021..

Agree......at a minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cool Sequence, 7.5+ in 21.

Comment

THX great look

Comment

From those pics you should have shot him in 2018. He looks old for sure. It’s always a gamble year to year but if you kill them you will never know what they will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                        From those pics you should have shot him in 2018. He looks old for sure. It’s always a gamble year to year but if you kill them you will never know what they will do.
                        I tend to do this more times than not. Guys on the lease ask why I even bring a weapon to the stand. Last 2 bucks I've taken were old and on the decline. Had seen them the years previous and just hoped that they would make it. Hindsight 20/20

Comment

I was gonna say older than four for sure. Beautiful buck and glad he’s been able to pass on his genes. I think he’s done as well.

Comment

Ya I agree. He was at least 4 to 5 in 18' and would say 7 - 8 in 21'. If you don't have another shooter I would take him given the opportunity.

Comment

Am guessing he was 6 in 18 very nice old buck

Comment

Working...
                              X