Manner's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
    your the bestest, and i should of said it early'er.

Tho'se other people....their not even close to as good as you.
    Bwahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      your the bestest, and i should of said it early'er.

Tho'se other people....their not even close to as good as you.
      And don''''t forget the correct spellin.

Comment

"Thank you" is a lost art. Whether in the form of a note for a gift, for holding the door for someone, or a simple wave for letting someone in while sitting in traffic. It is not just today's kids, it's people of all ages, races, backgrounds, and both genders (There are only two). People get too busy and distracted to act right. As my wife would say, "It's these **** phones".

However, I've never given a gift with the thought of "I better receive a thank you" or I'm gonna ask them to return it, I don't hold the door for people with the attitude of tripping them if they don't thank me and I don't act like an *** in traffic just because the last person I let cut in didn't give me the customary wave. I do these things because I do have manners, I was taught how to act and I'm not too busy to have some class.

I have been guilty of saying "You're welcome" when someone fails to thank me for holding the door.

Comment

Manners are a thing of the past for most. Texas is one of the last strongholds for manners but they will be gone in another 20yrs.

Comment

I have two younger brothers, we were all raised in the same house with the same parents, same up bringing. I have manners they do not. I am single never married, they are both married so I chalk up their lack of manners to their wives lack of manners LOL. I do stuff for my brothers all of the time and never get a thank you. In a ammo shortage time we have I gave my youngest brother a AR mag full of 30 rounds and two boxes of 20 rounds because he had none and couldn't find any. I didn't get a thank you or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              "Thank you" is a lost art. Whether in the form of a note for a gift, for holding the door for someone, or a simple wave for letting someone in while sitting in traffic. It is not just today's kids, it's people of all ages, races, backgrounds, and both genders (There are only two). People get too busy and distracted to act right. As my wife would say, "It's these **** phones".

However, I've never given a gift with the thought of "I better receive a thank you" or I'm gonna ask them to return it, I don't hold the door for people with the attitude of tripping them if they don't thank me and I don't act like an *** in traffic just because the last person I let cut in didn't give me the customary wave. I do these things because I do have manners, I was taught how to act and I'm not too busy to have some class.

I have been guilty of saying "You're welcome" when someone fails to thank me for holding the door.
              Yes: This

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
                Oh well, it all started in the schools. Took out the discipline, prayer and pledge of allegiance. And really the no child left behind B/S. We gave a gift card to a good friend's grandson for high school graduation. She told my wife to not expect a thank you card or note. When asked, she replied that he does not know how to write. Oh what a shame this culture change has taken us, and appears to still steady to deteriorate.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Copanocruisin View Post
                  Oh well, it all started in the schools. Took out the discipline, prayer and pledge of allegiance. And really the no child left behind B/S. We gave a gift card to a good friend's grandson for high school graduation. She told my wife to not expect a thank you card or note. When asked, she replied that he does not know how to write. Oh what a shame this culture change has taken us, and appears to still steady to deteriorate.
                  It starts in the HOME, and a lot of schools still do the pledge, allow prayer, and discipline kids. I know my school does

That is a shame about your grandson. I know my mother taught me to write thank you notes to every family member or person that gave me a gift. It is a lost art now, but there are still other ways to show appreciation. I hope your grandson eventually learns this.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
                    It starts in the HOME, and a lot of schools still do the pledge, allow prayer, and discipline kids. I know my school does

That is a shame about your grandson. I know my mother taught me to write thank you notes to every family member or person that gave me a gift. It is a lost art now, but there are still other ways to show appreciation. I hope your grandson eventually learns this.
                    I totally agree! It has to start in the home! People expect schools to teach Their children manners and respect- it’s Not their job people!

Comment

Amen! I'm with you 100%. I started a thread several years ago for this very thing. So people are just too self absorbed, raised wrong, selfish or just plain discourteous *******s....especially men. It's like saying thank you might affect their manliness. Women can be guilty as well but they are more likely to say thank you. And it started well before cellphones were so addictive.

I'm with you here about 75%... I'd don't go to the extreme on the failure to say thank you like your examples but I **** sure do make a mental note for future opportunities or requests on specific people.. There comes a place where appreciation comes into play and without it any shown, I'll eventually stop for that person. Like you, I have been known to fling a "you're welcome" on the door opening..... or a occasional middle finger on the person you let go that doesn't wave.....and in my defense I was raised to do that. I watched my father do it plenty...

Comment

Oh man , i can only imagine the trouble id have been into without these.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Stan R View Post
                          Another example. A family member watches your dog for a week. When you drop the dog off you bring them 2 big USDA Prime Ribeye Steaks.
                          You should not expect a thank you for this. As a matter of fact, you owe your family member an apology. Two ribeyes are not nearly enough for a dog to eat over a week's time. The dogwatcher would have had to supplement with an additional four or five ribeyes from their own freezer to keep your dog properly fed. Some people...

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                            The schools and No Child Left Behind prevent parents from teaching their own children manners? The culture shift started at home.
                            Or how to write ? Sorry, ignorance, laziness, or stupidity ? Take your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Duane View Post
                              You should not expect a thank you for this. As a matter of fact, you owe your family member an apology. Two ribeyes are not nearly enough for a dog to eat over a week's time. The dogwatcher would have had to supplement with an additional four or five ribeyes from their own freezer to keep your dog properly fed. Some people...

Comment

I was raised that there should always be some form of acknowledgement for the gift you received but if your giving a gift for the right reason you really shouldn't be expecting anything in return.

Comment

Working...
                                X