No announcement yet.

Indian artifact excavation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an outstanding artifact collection GarGuy. I always enjoy updates to your posts showing your finds, and I am a little better informed about artifacts thanks to your knowledge and comments.

Comment

That Wells frame is Killer!!

Comment

I like Killer for sure!

Comment

Garguy, between your deer hunting and point hunting, you are at the top. Just awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
            That Wells frame is Killer!!
            I dang sure like em

Comment

Wow is all I can say regarding these finds. Makes me feel very inadequate posting these. I found a couple pieces I thought were interesting this weekend.

Not sure on the big one, fits unbelievable well in the hand and one edge looks worked to me but I just don’t have a clue about these things

The other looks like a partial but again I don’t have a clue. Both were found on my property runnels Coleman county line. Previous owner said they never found any but so far I’ve found quite a bit of flint and these two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The bigger item may be an odd kerrville knife. Could just be a quick tool. The other is a badly burned archaic point. Maybe a marshall.

Comment

Looking at your pics makes me want to get back in our pit. Miss sharing pics with you. Hopefully we can get back at it soon.

Comment

Bet your gonna find some nice stuff out there Eric. My Godfather and Mother were from that area (Windgate). Godfather was born on a farm out there. And lived his whole life out there. I remember see-n chert out there when I was very small. One of the first minerals I ever learned about. Lots of it out there. They were greatly responsible for my interest in the outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                      Looking at your pics makes me want to get back in our pit. Miss sharing pics with you. Hopefully we can get back at it soon.
                      I really enjoyed helping you when you first started. I knew that spot had great potential. The material is off the chart.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Here are two of his frames that will be there. Stunning personal finds.
                        @SouthernCamo had a nice lucky streak going.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just an outstanding collection.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                            @SouthernCamo had a nice lucky streak going.

Yep he is a lucky sucker . The harder he works the luckier he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                              Yep he is a lucky sucker . The harder he works the luckier he gets.
                              I figure you'd be cranking up somewhere soon. Check this piece out I found yesterday. Bronson knife? Love how they leave that big chunk of wood on the end...fits in my hand like a glove.

Comment

Fine absolute classic Bronson

Comment

Working...
                                X