2017 f250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2017 f250

So from time to time my instrument panel goes out, goes black. No speedometer no tach all blacked out. Sometimes it comes right back on other times if I give the dash a good whack it will come back on. Anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like a Ford all joking aside it sounds like a short

Comment

I've had a '17 F150 and an '18 F250 (currently) and this has happened in both. With the 250 almost seemed like a delay. Was only out a couple seconds. With my 150, it was out for almost an entire day.
      I talked to service folks and they said bring it in and they'd get to it in a few days. No thanks.

Comment

Have not seen that at all on my 2017 F350. Probably difficult to diagnose as well if it is intermittent.
        Dealership would probably just replace whatever component controls it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I had the same issue with my 2012 f250. It would go out sometimes and sometimes work. Drove me nuts. Took it in and they thought it was instrument cluster. They drove it for 3 days and never could get it to do it. They ended up taking apart the main wiring harness and cleaned the contacts. Never did it again while I owned the truck.
          Last edited by aggie2000tx; 04-21-2021, 05:20 PM.

Comment

IPC or Instrument Panel Cluster failing

Comment

Working...
            X