Outboard motor covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outboard motor covers

The stickers on my '01 Merc are starting to look a little rough. Do any of y'all run with one of those motor covers on?

Looking for a way to make it look a little more clean.

I’ve got a cover for mine. Some are vented and some are not. My brother in law just bought the decals and had a local body shop re-paint his cowling and install the decals. He said it was relatively inexpensive.
    Last edited by Slinger; 03-29-2021, 02:05 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
      I’ve got a cover for mine. Some are vented and some are not. My brother in law just bought the decals and had a local body shop re-paint his cowling and install the decals. He said it was relatively inexpensive.
      Oh, nice! Thanks!

Comment

I cover mine with a cheapie from academy. Lasts about 2 years but little birds built a nest in my throttle body tube before I started covering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
          The stickers on my '01 Merc are starting to look a little rough. Do any of y'all run with one of those motor covers on?

Looking for a way to make it look a little more clean.
          Tuffskinz makes high quality ones. Get a vented one if you want to run the motor and leave the cover on.

You can also find replica decals on ebay, etsy, and some other sites.

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

Comment

Thank ya

Comment

Be sure your motor won't run hot with it, not much a problem with the newer 4 strokes but some older 2 strokes will run hot in the summer with these on.

Comment

I have a friend in NE Houston that paints boats and planes. He has done I don't know how many boat motors. Typically they get a full rebuild and then he strips them down and repaints them top to bottom and replaces the decals. PM for his contact info. It has been my experience repainting is better long term than the covers. Those covers aren't cheap and they seem to fade and sun rot too quick for the money you pay.

Comment

The oceansouth ones are hard to beat for the money. I have zero complaints with mine on the 60hp mercury. Stays tight at all speeds and protects.

Comment

Tuff skinz look sweet. Do y'all leave them on all year? Even in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by SC-001 View Post
                        Be sure your motor won't run hot with it, not much a problem with the newer 4 strokes but some older 2 strokes will run hot in the summer with these on.
                        Just saw this. Thanks!

Comment

Slap an alien cowling on it

Comment

Originally posted by PeePaw on Fork View Post
                            Slap an alien cowling on it
                            Fugly

Comment

Originally posted by Ginja Ninja View Post
                              Tuff skinz look sweet. Do y'all leave them on all year? Even in the summer?

Yep. No need to take it off.

Comment

Working...
                              X