No announcement yet.

Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my ranch cabin materials went from 50K to 150K according to my builder. I'm not doing that. the metal shell can just sit there

Comment

Price of OSB about gave me a headache.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I can’t imagine building a house or even starting a big project right now. I was gonna build a standing rifle rack out of premium cedar but that stuff is out of sight. A 1x12x8 was $85. Even high grade pine is stupid expensive

Yes unfortunately I can. My house is costing me about $90,000 more to build than it would have about 6-7 months ago and the builder is a close friend of mine. He is doing everything he can to help. He feels bad and keeps showing me all the bids just so I’ll know

Comment

Actually taking down old houses board by board instead of demolishing them seems to have become more popular in my area, or maybe I'm actually just paying attention now. Crazy for sure. My dad built a small cabin in the woods using his own sawmill, at this rate we might see more of that. LOL

Comment

16 x 18 deck cost me $1600 to replace deck boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
            $39 for 7/16 x 4 x 8 at HD. I remember in 2012, it was $5.25 a sheet. Heck, the price has doubled in theast 6 months. All this free money the government is sending to everyone is making stuff expensive.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk
            The building supply owner here said it’s going to $50 per sheet soon.

Comment

Lumber prices

Comment

As a builder, Ive made the decision to sit on the sidelines for time being. They haven't increased appraisals in my area so it makes no sense to build right now. I just completed a small home that appraised for nearly 20% less than the contract price. I challenged it but no luck. I didnt lose money but only walked away with a 4 figure profit. Not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post

Commodity inflation is a thing when you print “free” money. It’s not just lumber if you haven't noticed.
                  ^^^^ This. Had a delivery truck driver quote me $550 to bring 4 pallets of moss rock 40 miles this morning... I said NO on principle. Our firepit is gonna have to wait till I have a couple extra days off to trailer the pallets in myself.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to build a blind. Priced it out last year but didn't get a chance to build it. Picked up the idea last month and priced it out again. Every piece, including 2x4's, has doubled or more in cost. Absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

I priced 2x6 treated lumber to replace my deck and original price last August for 140 2x6x16 treated and 40 2x6x10 treated was a little over $2700 just for the lumber.

Today's prices had the same amount at $4676!!!!!!!!

Now it is back to 5/4x6 lumber for the deck. This is just the flat work!!!!! 5/4 boards are priced at what 2x's were last summer!

Unfortunately my deck is 1168 sq ft with railing all around the lower and upper deck! Have not priced the railing for how I want it yet!
                      Last edited by Mudslinger; 03-27-2021, 01:50 PM.

Comment

My goodness I can’t believe that Osb is that high.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                          I need a 10ft privacy fence, 500 feet , lol outrageous cost
                          I have put off putting up one for over a year now. Probably gonna wait another year.

Comment

I paid $130 for 3 sheets of smart panel at Lowes yesterday. That hurt but I gotta get my dadgum deer stand fixed up.

Comment

Been gathering up as much free material as I can find.

Comment

Smart side was $33 2 year ago so about a 25% increase

Comment

Working...
                                X