Baitcaster Reels at Academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baitcaster Reels at Academy?

I need a new baitcaster for a new custom 7' rod that I got. If you were spending $150-$200 on a reel at Academy for bass fishing only, what would you get? I usually buy Lew's but I thought about trying one of the Shimano's they had in that range. I've never had anything but Lew's or Okuma. Thanks

Shimano SLX DC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not much on freshwater reels lately, but I'm a Diawa fanboy... but here's a freshwater version of the saltwater reel I currently use... If you like Lews, you'll be blown away by these!!

The TATULA SV  represents versatility and performance. Stress-free Versatile (SV) technology and our Air Brake system provides more control when casting. The SV Concept combines an ultra-lightweight spool made of Super Duralumin with a movable ramp induct rotor that interacts with the brake system's magnetic field to r

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        Shimano SLX DC

Thanks Justin. This is one of the ones I saw and was wondering about.

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        I'm not much on freshwater reels lately, but I'm a Diawa fanboy... but here's a freshwater version of the saltwater reel I currently use... If you like Lews, you'll be blown away by these!!

https://daiwa.us/products/tatula-sv-tw
        Thanks Charlie. I will check out the Daiwa's.

Comment

Daiwa Tatula and Sportsmanoutfitters.com runs deals on them from time to time.

Comment

Shimano SLX DC

Yep. I have 3 and love them

Comment

Johnny Morris carbonlite chunks it far.

Comment

Shimano SLX DC

this

Or up for the digital curado.

I have two DCs and have done topwater bass to 26" red fish on them. Even the plain SLX is nice

Comment

Curado DC is what I would buy.

Comment

Put me in the Shimano SLX camp for best bang for your buck in that price range. If you already know how to chunk a baitcaster then don't waste more money upgrading to the digi models

Comment

Not a Diawa fan. They seem to go obsolete pretty quick. Have a Viento that the first time I needed a part the parts were already not available. This has not been the case for shimanos. I have a bunch of the BPS Pro Qualifiers, after many years of fishing, I have not replaced a single part on any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        this

Or up for the digital curado.

I have two DCs and have done topwater bass to 26" red fish on them. Even the plain SLX is nice
                        Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Put me in the Shimano SLX camp for best bang for your buck in that price range. If you already know how to chunk a baitcaster then don't waste more money upgrading to the digi models
                        Yah the Shimano SLX DC was the exact model that I was eyeballing at Academy. I have no issues slingin' a baitcaster so a digital model doesn't appeal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          Listen to this Man.

Comment

I was at Academy in Webster yesterday and the guy in front of me bought a Curado 200, it rang up at $99.00 instead of $179. Might want to check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              Yah the Shimano SLX DC was the exact model that I was eyeballing at Academy. I have no issues slingin' a baitcaster so a digital model doesn't appeal to me.
                              I didn't interest me either.

Then I casted one

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X