Mini-split install cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-split install cost

Hey guys. I’m looking at having a Mitsubishi mini split installed in my shop. Anyone leave an idea what the going price to have one installed? It’s one inside and one outside. Electric is already run. It’s going in a metal building.

I have a guy that installed a trane for me for $750 with the ac included. Let me know if you want his number.

Comment

You will hear answers all over the place on this one.

Licensed, authorized Mitsubishi dealers that offer real warranties will probably be $3-5k depending on size.

Fly-by-night guys that do ugly installs and buy equipment off the internet that doesn’t have any warranty (someone will argue this; they were lied to) can do it for a fraction of that.

Comment

By the way, I already have the entire system. I’m just looking for installation/labor. The person who was going to install it can not now. I want to have it installed so I can have a warranty. I’m getting a bid tomorrow and looking for a ballpark.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
          I have a guy that installed a trane for me for $750 with the ac included. Let me know if you want his number.
          Yes please. Send me a PM if you don’t mind.

Comment

It's 1 hole through the wall, basically, and mounting the plate it hangs on.
            Lines are most likely precharged(?).
            I've put in dozens of em, and charge a couple hundred bucks.
            For a fact mine look as good or better than the A/C company.
            That's not saying much though, as it's not that hard to do.
            If you've already purchased it, a professional company isn't going to offer any warranty on the actual product.
            They will charge you a arm and a leg though.
            Mostly what I've put in has been Mitsubishi and they are a good unit, you can search my post.
            Electric already outside?
            Putting in a quick disconnect?
            One other thing, if your lines aren't pre-charged, when the "professional" comes out and tries to slap his gauges on there don't let him lol..
            You need to charge it off weight, not pressure, so he needs to have a scale.
            Mini splits are extremely fickle on that, and Mitsubishi is one of the worst.
            Very few HVAC guys will use a scale.

Comment

Ok. Electric is there and stubbed up. I’m asking them to install a quick-connect and surge protector.

Comment

Originally posted by Dejashoot View Post
                Ok. Electric is there and stubbed up. I’m asking them to install a quick-connect and surge protector.
                Also, do you want the condensation line to go in a sink drain or just out in the grass. Just remember if its commercial you don't want the water going where a person could slip and fail.

Comment

I bought 2 and had a local A/C company install them. They charged me $350 each for the install. Mine is a metal building also and I had the electrical stubbed up to the outside.

Comment

The lines are not pre charged, the unit is. If you look in the installation manual it will tell up you how much, length of line set it is charged up to. I believe it to be around 75’ on some of the units. It will then give you a complicated charging chart to weigh in the additional charge IF NEEDED. 99% of the ones we install even with multiple head units are under the per charged maximum length. And yes it charged by weight, per extra length and lift. If you have the equipment, the install portion is normally not to difficult. Unless you are trying to run the line set through a soffit or finished wall, hopefully if it’s a wall mounted unit you have chosen an exterior wall to hang it on, Close to where you have the electrical located, as there is a drain that needs to be run out side and it is far easier when mounted on an exterior wall. You need a flaring tool, nitrogen, vacuum pump, manifold gauges and an adaptor to hook the manifold up to the out door unit to run the vacuum pump as the foreign fitting are different then ours, they are larger. They also make a wire that you can run exposed and it’s UV out door stable without running it in conduit for the control wire to the head unit ( the line voltage from panel or disconnect will need to be shielded, and proper breaker, wire size.
                    Last edited by critter69; 01-26-2021, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowSlayer View Post
                      I bought 2 and had a local A/C company install them. They charged me $350 each for the install. Mine is a metal building also and I had the electrical stubbed up to the outside.
                      That I would say is an excellent price, and depending, even double that would not be unreasonable.
                      Last edited by critter69; 01-26-2021, 11:45 AM.

Comment

If anyone knows an installer that services Sweeny/West Columbia, let me know.

Comment

I installed one in my last metal building. It was very easy to do.

Comment

I installed for mini splits, one in a 700 square-foot room, one and a 140Square-foot room. One and a 160 square-foot room. One in a 260 ft.² room. Total price out the door installation was $12,000. If you have the room for duck work I would go with a regular hey see

Comment

I did install my first one and saved a lot of money but then the flood took it out. When I installed one in all the rooms I hired someone and it was more expensive than I thought

Comment

Working...
                              X