No announcement yet.

Critters you won’t shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't kill anything that I don't have a good reason to kill. Although I did when I was young and stupid, I can't understand why people shoot foxes, bobcats, or anything for that matter, and then throw them away to rot....except hogs. I kill hogs on my place at every opportunity.

Comment

Bobcat and mountain lion, and anything in Africa that I’ve seen at the zoo.

Comment

critters

Originally posted by MisterB View Post
        ‘Possum
        Possums are our friends. they love snakes and will kill all of them to include all poisonous ones. they are immune to snake venom. they are always welcome on my place.

Bobby

Comment

Well Hornfan don’t do to Africa to hunt. Unless you never been to actual zoo.

Comment

Fox, badger, bobcat, tame high fence rams.

Comment

Opossums will never be killed by me after reading the study showing that an adult opossum can eat 1000 ticks/fleas a year. If you’ve ever checked out the hide of a opossum you’ll see no signs of any parasite.
              In my time in the wild with a gun, I’ve had chances to shoot foxes, bobcats, porcupines, badgers, ring tailed cats. All neat and rarely seen critters. They all get a pass. No point in killing one of Gods neat little critters
              For the most part I Quit shooting coyotes this season to save the hard to come by bullet.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Horns View Post
                Never understood how people could zebras and giraffes.

If you’ve ever hunted Africa you’d quickly realize zebras are the *******s of the savanna. They’re just like a wild donkey. I watched one mule kick a warthog and launch him 10ft at waterhole. They’re smart and very frustrating animals to hunt.

The giraffe thing I don’t really get either. We did eat some giraffe and it was okay. Zebra and eland was the best by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Turkey egg protection opens up a whole slew of animals I used to not have much interest in killing, but over the past 13 years, if you eat turkey eggs, you die. I do give good snakes a pass but if I see you in a nest of turkey eggs or running around with egg lumps in your body, you join the list of pursuees.

Most of my do not shoot animals, I wouldn't have access to without an outfitter so the likelihood of me ever doing it is slim to none anyway.

I have no interest in ever making it a point to try to go shoot giraffes, hippos, watusi, feral cattle, zebras, buffalo, bears of any type, rattle can rams (I shot one in 8th grade with a bow and that was enough) or catalina/domestic type goats.

Our landowner has a shoot on sight request of all porcupines with the damage they cause to their cattle, horses, goats and even their dogs. There are times we have 2-4 at a feeder at a time at night so we have a lot. We try to do our part in helping out the landowner if we see them..
                  Last edited by Smart; 12-27-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Paisano View Post
                    Although I did when I was young and stupid, I can't understand why people shoot foxes, bobcats, or anything for that matter, and then throw them away to rot.....

Turkey egg destroyers is my reason for being young and stupid at 51...

Bobcats and yotes like to eat deer....another reason for being young and stupid at 51..

Comment

Originally posted by Farmdog View Post
                      No giraffe or monkeys for me either
                      If I see a Monkey at my feeder I'm shooting that &*^%ard. Can you imagine what it would be like if monkeys were stealing corn. It's bad enough with coons.

All nonvenomous snakes, all birds of prey and I let the foxes and bobcats walk.

Comment

The armadillo that stuck it's head under the side of my ground blind last week. Was the only entertainment I had that afternoon.

Comment

As a general rule we have a you kill it you eat rule on our place unless it’s a nuisance animal:
                          Coons
                          Pigs
                          Yoddles
                          Big cats (cows on the place)
                          We have seen 3 lions over the years but never put one down

Comment

No desire to shoot bobcat, mountain lion, lions, giraffe, elephant or a bear. I don't care if anyone else does just not my thing. Anything else that walks the planet is fair game if I have an opportunity

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Turkey egg protection opens up a whole slew of animals I used to not have much interest in killing, but over the past 13 years, if you eat turkey eggs, you die. I do give good snakes a pass but if I see you in a nest of turkey eggs or running around with egg lumps in your body, you join the list of pursuees.

Most of my do not shoot animals, I wouldn't have access to without an outfitter so the likelihood of me ever doing it is slim to none anyway.

I have no interest in ever making it a point to try to go shoot giraffes, hippos, watusi, feral cattle, zebras, buffalo, bears of any type, rattle can rams (I shot one in 8th grade with a bow and that was enough) or catalina/domestic type goats.

Our landowner has a shoot on sight request of all porcupines with the damage they cause to their cattle, horses, goats and even their dogs. There are times we have 2-4 at a feeder at a time at night so we have a lot. We try to do our part in helping out the landowner if we see them..
                              So it's safe to say your not looking to go after the "BARNYARD SLAM"

Comment

Unless I'm eating it, I don’t shoot anything just to shoot it.
                                Our incredible ecosystem handled itself just fine, for millenia, before we showed up.
                                If it needs shooting, I'll shoot anything, including the neighbors dog.

Comment

Working...
                                X