No announcement yet.

Cooking Prime Rib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love smoked prime rib. But I really think needs to be more than 3 bone. I'd go with some tomahawk ribeyes myself. They would still be good.

Comment

I've smoked 3 and they have all been great! They were so good I didn't know they were screwed up.

Comment

Smokin' is fine, but is better done with lesser cuts of meats. I love smoked brisket, even rump roast or a big round, but prime rib... that's a total waste of a prime cut of beef...

That's like grilling a nice juicy ribeye and putting steak sauce on it... What a waste...

Comment

If they eat it, I don't care what they pour on it...Must be how THEY like it. I and hundreds of thousands like ours smoked. We will eat every bit of it so it won't be wasted.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I'm disappointed the wife has no interest in prime rib. It's pretty much the only meat she won't eat, including wild game. I guess someone needs to invite me over.
            Mine neither! She won't eat any meat cooked rare! I, on the other hand, LOVE it!!!

Comment

I have a boneless prime rib. If I do the high heat method do I wait 2 hours or just 1.5 because there are no bones?

Comment

To amplify, i smoke mine at a high temp, around 275. Cook to 118 or so then sear. Gets it to about 130 internal temp.

You're not smoking it well done like a brisket.

Y'all are missing out if you don't like it like that. To each their own.

Comment

Yep

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                  Prime rib should not be smoked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Correct wrap in foil on grill or oven till cooking temperature reaches prime or medium then take it out and sear the out side wrap it and let it sit for a while.20 to 30 minutes. Sa Say Bou. Smoking it taste like buying a Burger King burger.Also medium rare. Dale knows.
                  Last edited by JFFB; 12-24-2020, 07:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                    Smokin' is fine, but is better done with lesser cuts of meats. I love smoked brisket, even rump roast or a big round, but prime rib... that's a total waste of a prime cut of beef...

That's like grilling a nice juicy ribeye and putting steak sauce on it... What a waste...
                    We think the same, I’m smoking a turkey tonight...poverty food

Comment

500 for 35

5 minutes per pound @ 500 and lock it in the oven for 2 hours
                      Next look is @ 1pm
                      Hopefully lots of bark
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 12-25-2020, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by lnester View Post
                        Bunch of yankees in here. Only one way to make it, that's to smoke it. Then reverse sear on coals to get a nice crust.

You're welcome.

Looking good but FTR....Yankees call it crust....Southerns call it bark.....

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                          I have a boneless prime rib. If I do the high heat method do I wait 2 hours or just 1.5 because there are no bones?
                          Wondering the same thing.

Comment

I have always smoked mine and we love it like that. But I’m curious about frying em, do you cut the bone off when you do that? And how do you season it?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by stx View Post
                              Wondering the same thing.
                              5 per lbs @ 500 then 2 hours, bone or boneless = same

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                                If they eat it, I don't care what they pour on it...Must be how THEY like it. I and hundreds of thousands like ours smoked. We will eat every bit of it so it won't be wasted.
                                Cannot agree more.

Comment

Working...
                                X