Texas free range exotic density map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas free range exotic density map?

Is there a source or map that highlights and charts exotics? I am interested in which regions of Texas have most free range exotics and can this source be detailed by species?

Sean

I know we saw alot of free range axis in junction area especially north

Comment

Don't know of a map but kimble, kerr, gillespie, kendall counties all have exotic free roaming. The going west towards Real and Edward's County are crawling with them also. Few in llano County also. These are the most dense areas of Texas i know with free ranging exotic.

Comment

Met a guy yesterday who shot a free range bull elk in the hill country. Had photos to back it up. If y’all figure out where there are an abundance of free range elk in Texas let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          Met a guy yesterday who shot a free range bull elk in the hill country. Had photos to back it up. If y’all figure out where there are an abundance of free range elk in Texas let me know.

Davis mountains has some huge ones.

Comment

Pigs are everywhere. Sorry

Comment

I sell real estate in the hill country and trap exotics. Send me a pm if you need help pin pointing something.

Comment

Pecos and Terrell County for elk.

Comment

Originally posted by jaspermac View Post
                  Davis mountains has some huge ones.

I’m assuming you can go hunt them out there? Probably paying full price to venture off into private property

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                    Don't know of a map but kimble, kerr, gillespie, kendall counties all have exotic free roaming. The going west towards Real and Edward's County are crawling with them also. Few in llano County also. These are the most dense areas of Texas i know with free ranging exotic.
                    Might as well add Val Verde, Sutton and Schleicher Counties to that list, along with many others I’m sure.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                      Might as well add Val Verde, Sutton and Schleicher Counties to that list, along with many others I’m sure.
                      Brewster, Presedio, Jeff Davis, Culberson, and Hudspeth Counties as well for elk.

Comment

No

Comment

Interesting if TPWD has anything published on that...It would be a great grad student thesis on mapping and range expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by forced-2-work View Post
                            Don't waste your time in these areas. No critters at all, just transplanted Kalifornians in Prius' and sandals
                            I live on the border of Gillespie and Kerr. We have a good amount of free range exotics running around. Many have gotten off of high fence ranches and have found refuge in the 10 and 20 ac parcels around and they flourish.
                            Those counties above are the one I would say are the densest in free range exotics.

Comment

No such thing
                              Last edited by Patton; 09-14-2020, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X