Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh, this boy is in some kind of trouble now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, this boy is in some kind of trouble now!

So yesterday somebody drove into and knocked over our brick mailbox. Happens in neighborhoods all the time, right? I called the guy who lives across the street - Tom - and asked if he would check and see if by chance his security camera caught the culprit. He said he would check and then he went on and on about how chicken-s it was that no one would own up to it. (By the way, this guy is recently retired from a 30 year career as a naval officer and is just as tough and squared-away as you might imagine.) About an hour ago there was a knock at my door and there stood Tom’s 16 year old son, looking at his shoes. He fessed up to hitting the mailbox, apologized and said he would pay for it. I can only imagine his dad’s reaction when he saw his son’s car on the video He is absolutely livid because the kid denied it until the undeniable proof. He will have a brick mason on my driveway tomorrow. Good to know there are still good parents out there. That kid is going to have a rough week or two

My son did the same thing the day he got his permit. Only he did it in front of the home owner. Got to pay to get it rebuilt and a taillight in the car

Comment

Life's lessons.

Comment

My neighbor had to pay the neighbor across the street. I think insurance paid them 1500.00. They never fixed it. Just propped back up. Looks like garbage. HOA got involved and the neighbors moved. The new guy had to fix it and it still looks like garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did that in high school. Took my friends out. I was in a building trades class ( framing ) so I paid one of the brick layers to go fix it. Never told them I did it but I think the suspected it.

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
            My neighbor had to pay the neighbor across the street. I think insurance paid them 1500.00. They never fixed it. Just propped back up. Looks like garbage. HOA got involved and the neighbors moved. The new guy had to fix it and it still looks like garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Sounds like The Teflon Don!

Comment

I'm going to imagine the actual cost of the repairs is the smallest part of the total cost for the young brother.

Comment

Good on “Tom.” Yep, we need more parents to hold our kids responsible for Their bad decisions and mistakes.

Comment

I bet/hope Tom's son learns to own up to his mistakes from now on.

Comment

I hate it when that happens!

Comment

Years ago I took my wife's van in for service. Picked it up to find a huge scratch on the back quarter panel. I got the manager and we (politely) went round and round about his liability. After much discussion, I was resigned to the fact he was not going to do anything.

I got home and told my wife how upset I was that businesses wouldn't stand behind their mistakes anymore. That's when she informed me that she had done it the other day backing out of the driveway when she got a little too close to our brick mailbox.

She just "forgot" to tell me!

Comment

live and you learn

Comment

Yea that boy will be cleaning toilet floors with a tooth brush for a while.

Comment

Boy I'm glad there wasn't cameras whin I was 16 or 30

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Still a few good parent's in the world. Been there as a kid and it is not fun facing the store owner are home owner. Never did it again!

Comment

Working...
                              X