Best Propane Camp Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Propane Camp Stove

I used the good ol Coleman stove at the RV park last weekend since I don’t like cooking inside. Thinking it’s time to upgrade to propane to stop carrying extra fuel and I couldn’t get the second burner to work (not that I had enough room to cook on it anyway). What’s the best propane stove out there?

Currently leaning toward this based on reviews:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    I used the good ol Coleman stove at the RV park last weekend since I don’t like cooking inside. Thinking it’s time to upgrade to propane to stop carrying extra fuel and I couldn’t get the second burner to work (not that I had enough room to cook on it anyway). What’s the best propane stove out there?

Currently leaning toward this based on reviews:

Don’t you still have to carry the fuel (propane)?
    The one you linked looks pretty good but I’m cheap and wouldn’t pay that much. You can buy 3 Coleman propane stoves for that amount of money. But that is your call.

Comment

I have rebuilt and restored countless Coleman stoves, lanterns, and heaters. I love the smell of one firing up at camp. They are extremely basic and simple. I wouldn't trade for a propane setup at all. As mentioned above you still have to carry fuel. Just a different container. Most every wal mart, academy or bait shop will have replacement parts to get it going again. I would pull all the piping and valves apart. Soak over night in simple green. Rinse, use sone pipe cleaners to free up the debris. Dry really well and Put a new pump in. You will enjoy another 40 years out of it.

Comment

Pick your weight range
        You never said how portable or how big or small
        I personally like my black stone griddle/ camp stove
        Attached Files

Comment

I've been very happy with my Camp Chef Everest.

Comment

RV has two tanks so I’m carrying propane anyway. Thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Very happy with this one of ours for the RV. Comes set up with hose and regulator for bottle. Can convert to use the quick disconnect and hose off our motor home. All stainless, folding legs and latches on both sides, will last forever in Texas heat and humidity, or salt air. Can grill on it or cook with pans. Double burner and even tho rated a little lower, it puts out lots of heat. Under $100 at most dealers.
              Our 2 Burner Propane Gas Tabletop Grill in Stainless Steel is equipped with two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-ups. Buy Online Now!

Comment

Have you thought about the Coleman Road Trip. It has different grates to fry, grill or use as a stove. Can be used with or without the stand.

Comment

Check out the Partner stoves if you want burners. I now use a 17” Blackstone griddle for cooking and a single burner. It makes clean up much easier.

Comment

I love my Camp Chef Coven.

Comment

Another vote for camp chef.

Comment

Originally posted by wsteffen View Post
                        Have you thought about the Coleman Road Trip. It has different grates to fry, grill or use as a stove. Can be used with or without the stand.
                        We have one of these. 1 lb bottles dont take up much room and it folds up and stores in storage under camper.
                        That said i take my disco everywhere and cook on it 90%of the time.

Comment

Ive got a Camp Chef 3 burner stove with a grill option added. It has 3 30,000 BTU burners. Its a good stove. If that's too big for you I bet the 2 burner works just as well.

Comment

I opted for a 22” blackstone with stand over camp stove. Works great, no regrets.

Comment

I have a cheapo Century brand that has worked great for 15 yrs

Comment

Working...
                              X