Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you put up two feeders at one stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

would you put up two feeders at one stand?

As we upgrade all of our stands and really refine our hunting paradise, we have a spot we want to put in a nice 6x6 elevated Ranch King blind with an 8ft platform. I'm considering putting a 1000lb feeder out at 100yrds for rifle hunting. As a primarily bow hunter, I was considering putting a 55 gal barrel feeder at 20-25yrds too. The other option is to set this up primarily as a rifle blind and just hand corn at 25yrds...Any suggestions on how I can have my cake and eat it too?

I had two 55gl barrel feeders, one for bowhunting hogs back in the brush a little and one inside a feeder pen for bowhunting deer in a 45° pattern, 30 yard triangle. I was hunting from a ladder stand. The hog feeder outside the pen was like a tall feed trough, regular timed feeder for deer inside the pen, but if I placed the hog feeder out in the open deer would use it too. Hunting east tx.

I sometimes placed a third feeder(timed) 200 yards out from a rifle stand where I could see all three feeders. Wind determined how and which stand to hunt. Hunting S tx.

Hog feeder
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thumper; 06-17-2020, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I have 2 feeders at almost all of my setups.

Comment

Looks like waitin for lunch! or protecting their Goodies! I have 2 feeders at fav spot .also. Gives me diff wind options and more assurance that something is working..

Comment

I’ve had a setup similar to what you are describing. It worked well for me.

Comment

I have a tree stand over a timed corn spinner and a protein feeder in a 16 hog panel pen for deer. Also have another corn spinner in view from the tree stand about 150 yards away for the hogs, with a ground blind at it. In E. Texas.

I do like the assurance of something working as been said also. I seem to be having bad luck with timers working and barrels leaking lately.

J

Comment

Set it up like mine Jeremy. One feeder, but a rifle and a separate bow blind. For the price of the Ranch King ( unless you already have the RK) you can get 2 cheaper ones like T Box, and be set up for any way you choose to hunt.

Comment

Yep, I've put up two feeders at most of my setups. It's nice spreading out the deer. You'll also have a backup feeder going if one of them craps out.

Comment

I only have one but have had a lease member tell me he uses 2 in case a mature deer is in the feed pen, other less dominant can eat at the other....

Comment

We have two on most all of our set ups. You always have a back-up going in case one has issues and it keep the deer in the area a bit longer and traveling between the two.

Comment

I usually run 2 feeders at all my set ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yes

Comment

Go for it

I have 3 Corn feeders (2 in pen & 1 outside pen) and a timed protein feeder at each of my set ups...

Comment

more free stuff equals more democrats

Comment

The guys that had our place before us had two at every setup, one for the pigs and one for the deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X