Freestone deer activity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freestone deer activity

The deer are not moving good and not coming to corn much at all. The acorns are starting to get eaten up or rotten. I hope something changes. I am hunting away from feeders but it’s pretty dead. What’s the update on deer around freestone for y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Comment

December has always been the best month at my uncle’s place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Overall deer activity is pretty slow. Corn is piling up under my feeder here at the house until the pigs come through. Deer still have plenty to eat back in the woods. Bucks are still showing some interest in doe. My son killed a really good 8 last night up off CR 246. Sitting over a clover/wheat field had 7 doe come out and the buck came out about 20 minutes later. He said the buck was bumping the doe and showing some interest in them. Lots of time still left in the season, maybe things will pick up some more
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice deer and I hope so. Three hunts no deer so far. Rare for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
            Nice deer and I hope so. Three hunts no deer so far. Rare for me.

Thx. It will pick up, keep after em!!

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Bump

Comment

I am still having deer come to the my food plots morning and evening as usual. They have not been hitting the feeders at all. I hog hunted the last 7 nights and had deer start showing up in the food plots around midnight every night and feed for a few hours or until I shot a hog and scared them off. I still have a lot of trees dropping acorns, it's going to be a while before these are all gone. Keep at it, when all the acorns are gone they will start moving better.

Comment

I was hunting in Navarro county all weekend. Not much moving at all! Our corn is piling up too. We need some cold weather.

Comment

Originally posted by lost cajun View Post
                      I was hunting in Navarro county all weekend. Not much moving at all! Our corn is piling up too. We need some cold weather.

Need someone to suck up the acorns!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
                        The deer are not moving good and not coming to corn much at all. The acorns are starting to get eaten up or rotten. I hope something changes. I am hunting away from feeders but it’s pretty dead. What’s the update on deer around freestone for y’all.

We hunted all weekend and did not see a single deer..... which is highly unusual for us. things will get better in December.

Comment

Well anything new happening? I am planning on going this weekend.

Comment

Not a whole lot has changed..besides the colder weather finally coming in. Corn still piling up under the feeder till the hogs come clean it all up. I bet things change shortly though with acorns finally playing out and colder temps setting in. Moon will be in our favor also.

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                              Not a whole lot has changed..besides the colder weather finally coming in. Corn still piling up under the feeder till the hogs come clean it all up. I bet things change shortly though with acorns finally playing out and colder temps setting in. Moon will be in our favor also.

Thanks I might hold off.

Comment

Working...
                              X