Which stinger for elk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which stinger for elk?

Going on a cow elk hunt this fall. Going to use a magnus stinger 125. Only thing i wonder is 2 or 4 blade? If you have tried these on elk which do you perfer?

Thanks

Either would work great for elk, shoot them and use whichever your bow likes best.

Good luck on the cow hunt !

Comment

I going stinger first sure I would go two blade. That extra cut in the ferrule of the 4 blade weakens it quite a bit. I broke a bunch of the 4 blades when I shot them. Some tougher heads out there but not sure there are many that fly better or are sharper.

Comment

2 blade.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I would go with the 4 blade but either will be good.

Comment

I killed a cow Elk with a 2 blade last year.. it did its job but was bent like a J when I removed the arrow.. my son shot a 100 lb pig with a stinger 2 months ago and it did the same thing.. they make stronger cut on contact heads..

Comment

2 blade out of those choices.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                I going stinger first sure I would go two blade. That extra cut in the ferrule of the 4 blade weakens it quite a bit. I broke a bunch of the 4 blades when I shot them. Some tougher heads out there but not sure there are many that fly better or are sharper.
                I had this same experience when I shot 4 blade stingers. The little bleeder blades would break off, even on small doe. All the animals I shot with them died, but I didn’t like the weakness of the 4 blade ferrules.

I still shoot the 2 blade model. Great BH’s for sure.

Comment

Looks like the consensus is the two blade. That was kind of what I was thinking but I wanted to see if anyone had tried both and had different views. I've used them to kill deer and pigs, both the 2 and 4 Blade model, but never something the size of an elk. Hopefully I'll get to change that this fall

Comment

Working...
                  X