TX HS FOOTBALL- about to be shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bam bam View Post
    There are at least 2 vaccines in the final stages of testing.

1 at Oxford and 1 in the U.S.
    If we think we have a mess now, wait until there is a vaccine and they immidiately require proof someone had it before they are allowed to enter (name your place).

Several medical friends tell me there is zero chance their family members will get the vaccine until it had been tested for years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tex_Cattleman; 07-16-2020, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
      Serious question....Is this one life mine? I ask, because I’m very important to me.[emoji4]

My twin Juniors are both HS athletes. I worry 1000X more about them being in a bus driven by a coach or a elderly bus driver than I do about any virus!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yep

Comment

This

Originally posted by kevin View Post
        you honestly think that sports are the "saving grace" of the public education system? Sometimes i wonder if i am living the movie idiocracy.
        this^^^

Comment

The last thing I was told by someone who is very involved with highschool sports, primarily football, basketball and volley ball was told this past week that as of now they have full intentions of playing. Now obviously that could change as quickly as Abbot giving bars 3 hours notice this last time to close. I think at this point it is just a huge circus and we are just waiting on the clowns to roll in on their cars and entertain us on what crazy decisions they ultimately decide.

Comment

looks like it may be a shortened season

Comment

Not sure how we will play. Some of the largest districts in the state are not starting school until after Sept 7. How will those districts allow their teams to start practice on August 3rd? If schools start virtually....they sure won't play sports on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by ca1219 View Post
                The last thing I was told by someone who is very involved with highschool sports, primarily football, basketball and volley ball was told this past week that as of now they have full intentions of playing. Now obviously that could change as quickly as Abbot giving bars 3 hours notice this last time to close. I think at this point it is just a huge circus and we are just waiting on the clowns to roll in on their cars and entertain us on what crazy decisions they ultimately decide.
                It is crazy that these clowns that are only worried about getting re-elected, now have so much power over our day to day lives. They or HE controls if we can work, if our kids can get a good education, if they can play sports, if I can go to a bar for a drink, if I can eat at a restaurant, if I can travel to another area, if I can go in for my medical procedure, if I can get my haircut, etc.., etc...
                All for a disease with over a 99% survival rate. Da #*%@ is going on?
                And once these control freaks get all this power, they don't want to give it back. I'm f'ing sick of it.

Comment

My 2 step daughters are both teachers. 1 is Special Ed Teacher in New Braunfels and the other teaches 8th grade in the Katy district. BOTH do not like the virtual teaching but differ in their opinions of the viral exposure risks at school.

Seems their differences coincide with their political orientation and what each of them believes regarding the exposure, infection potential. The one in Katy believes everything she hears from the media and is a "left winger" terrified of getting the virus and the other one is just middle of the road who takes precautions but has not let the situation keep them in constant lockdown at home like her sister.

As different as these two are, they BOTH want to be back with their students and genuinely care about their kids. In any event, these are issues that there is no certainty about what the end result will be? Seems there are just two camps anymore...you either believe all that is being said and feed the paranoia or like Momma and me, believe it's all part of a political plan to disrupt and destroy what so many have fought to build and preserve our country.

Bless the teachers!

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                    Im still trying to figure out why someone getting Covid is portrayed as the worst thing that could happen to someone. I have 3 friends contract it and all survived it. 2 had mild symptoms and the 3rd was in the high risk category and he struggled quite a bit and was hospitalized before rebounding quickly. 1 is in his 40s and the other 2 are in their 60s. None of them contracted it from kids.
                    Because that’s your story. On my story, I know 6 people that contracted it, some with no symptoms and all survived by just quarantine. On the opposite end, I have a 38 year old friend that has been on a ventilator for 30 days and may not make it, leaving behind a husband and kids. No health issues. Again, everyone has different views and that’s ok. But this virus is real, just different for each person.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                      So.....because of some silly virus the seniors are getting a very long hard shaft that could impact their entire lives. How stupid some people have become
                      A lot of Baseball players went through it last year sucks for the seniors!

Comment

Spring sports got it last year and with 1/5th the cases. It ain’t right and it will have some horrible effects on some kids that would have had opportunity to play next level. Sure blue chip D1 guys will still have opportunity. What about kids that have worked hard and improved themselves and would have/had chance to play D2 / JUCO ball. It is horrible and not the solution. Folks if you want to hide go ahead - let these kids be kids. Only get that chance 1 time in life

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Spring sports got it last year and with 1/5th the cases. It ain’t right and it will have some horrible effects on some kids that would have had opportunity to play next level. Sure blue chip D1 guys will still have opportunity. What about kids that have worked hard and improved themselves and would have/had chance to play D2 / JUCO ball. It is horrible and not the solution. Folks if you want to hide go ahead - let these kids be kids. Only get that chance 1 time in life
                          Think about the 10's of thousands of kids across the country that need football and the coaches to help hold them accountable to be better students and young men. I know I was one that needed that threat of being kicked off the team if caught acting a fool. I did enough stupid crap having a real disciplinarian as a football coach. I can imagine would would have happened without sports in my life. There is a lot more to football and high school sports in general than just athletics

Comment

I have not seen one news report where teachers are chomping at the bit to get back to school. Seen a whole bunch of reports about just the opposite.
                            I am. I am a teacher and I have been wanting to get back in the classroom since before we ever closed in March. I have never agreed with a shut down. I was at work yesterday and the day before on my days off even. I have sent letters to all of my congressmen asking them to open the schools as well as the governor.

Of course you have not seen on the news teachers wanting to get back to work. The news doesn’t want to show that narrative

Comment

I have not seen one news report where teachers are chomping at the bit to get back to school. Seen a whole bunch of reports about just the opposite.
                              That's where you are wrong. Not only is my wife very much ready to get back to school. She has been spending several hours on online workshops for the just in case split learning. During the shut down she was working with students from 0700 to 2300 everyday. This whole situation has been difficult on everyone.

Comment

As a teacher, the news, teachers associations, or government has no clue or interest in my opinions. (Nor do they have interest in any other teachers opinion either).

Comment

Working...
                                X