No announcement yet.

Mega Tank Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good man. Hopefully going to the lease soon and going to "pimp" mine out. Lol, arrowsonly sent me a pic of his finished earlier and I was like yep, mine is fine but now I gotta make it livable haha.

Comment

Great work!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Those are gonna be a nice sit when it rains!

Comment

The blinds are in the air! It took a forklift to load them onto the trailer, and 8 guys to hoist them up and slide the legs in place once we got them to the lease. It was about 150 degrees outside on Saturday, so I did not take any pictures, but I will take some when I’m down there in a few weeks to fill up feeders. I tucked both of them way back into a clump of cedars, so they are practically invisible when looking at them from the feeder. According to the Sypoint, I had deer and hogs eating in front of them within 8 hours of us putting them up, so they must not mind the blinds too much.

The only thing left to do is trim out some shooting lanes.

Comment

Those look awesome. Looking forward to seeing pics of them in place.

Comment

Originally posted by AggieMark View Post
              The blinds are in the air! It took a forklift to load them onto the trailer, and 8 guys to hoist them up and slide the legs in place once we got them to the lease. It was about 150 degrees outside on Saturday, so I did not take any pictures, but I will take some when I’m down there in a few weeks to fill up feeders. I tucked both of them way back into a clump of cedars, so they are practically invisible when looking at them from the feeder. According to the Sypoint, I had deer and hogs eating in front of them within 8 hours of us putting them up, so they must not mind the blinds too much.

The only thing left to do is trim out some shooting lanes.

Very cool man! Did a great job on them

Comment

those are nice!! I can't wait to see them in place.

Comment

nice!

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Made it down to the lease this weekend for a little hog hunting and was able to take some pictures of the blinds in the field. I have some serious lane clearing to do, but the blinds are hidden real well in the cedar.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

I want that!

Comment

Made it down for a final work day before the opener. I got the shooting lanes trimmed at both tank blinds. I also finished up the “snipers nest”. We built a decked platform 15’ up a giant oak tree, screwed down a seat, and wrapped the whole thing in camo netting. You are just about invisible up there.

Comment

Hey Mark
                              Would you build them again knowing the work that you had to put into them? Reason I'm asking is I have the chance to get a 10' wide by at least 12' tall tank for free. I've been following your thread. Only change I may make is a trap door entrance. Great looking blind build that should last a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by T-roy66 View Post
                                Hey Mark
                                Would you build them again knowing the work that you had to put into them? Reason I'm asking is I have the chance to get a 10' wide by at least 12' tall tank for free. I've been following your thread. Only change I may make is a trap door entrance. Great looking blind build that should last a lifetime.

I would do it again. The trap door is a good idea. My door is the weakest point of my blind and does not seal up real well. If I did it again, I would frame a square door from 2x6s like I did for the windows, and use a pre made door from Deerview.

Comment

Working...
                                X