Who left the gate to Hell open???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    It was 100° before noon. Supposed to top out somewhere around 110-113 this afternoon. Worst part is the wind is howling at 20+ mph (what else is new for lubbock ), and while you would think that breeze would be refreshing, it isn’t. It’s like standing in front on a hair dryer on full blast.
    LOL, when I lived in Amarillo, my parents always said "at least its a dry heat". I told them turn the oven on to 250, stick your head in, then turn a blow dryer on full blast in your face to describe what their "dry heat" felt like. LOL

Comment

No kidding this summer has been one of the hottest in a while down here in Houston.

Comment

103 here in Rogers, feels like 109!

This old fat boy from Lubbock is having a very serious time getting use to this humidity!

Comment

I'm the odd man out. If it's not hot I don't feel like I'm home. I remember going to Europe as a teenager and getting homesick after a few days. When we got back and stepped off the plane that humidity hit me all over...felt like a hug from my mom.

Flew in to Casper Wyoming two weeks ago. It was low 70's with a mild to hurricane force wind blowing. The man who met me there said this must be some nice feeling weather for you. I said sir, were about five degrees above me looking for a warm coat.

Comment

15yo A/C system in our office **** the bed over the weekend. $8700 to replace....sometime NEXT week. 98* in here right now, 103* outside. I'll be going home shortly.

Comment

Maybe it will aid in killing the Chinese virus. Only positive I could think of!

Comment

At least the humidity has dropped some.
                We're starting early and dropping out by 2:30.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                  I was in Boise last week....had to think about my family for a long long time before I got on that return flight. Jennie was all that brought me back....I don’t want to have to train another one. I’m so tired of Texas weather. Heat index was 111 here yesterday. I go to work with a shirt on and another on a hanger, and I’m the boss. It’s ridiculous!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Is Jennie your wife or your Pup?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                    Is Jennie your wife or your Pup?

My wife....pups are easier to train.[emoji6][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We are coming back home this weekend from Wisconsin. It's been low 80's max temp since we have been here. I've been told it's really humid out, but we have slept with windows open every night. Been hiking a mountain every morning before starting work. Right now looking out of our loft into the woods, and the deer will be out in about 4 hours. Doesn't get much better than this.

I am not looking forward to returning to Houston. At all.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        You should try it with some Golfo de Mexico humid breeze...heat index is crazy.
                        Ditto above!!!

Comment

Hotter'n two rats bump' uglies in a wool sock, I'm tellin' ya.

Comment

I was sweating like a hostage by 9:00 am. I called it a day about 2...

Comment

My son played 6 baseball games over the weekend, by 6:30 last night I was DONE! My skin was cooked, brain fried, clothes drenched....and all I had to do was stand next to 3rd base and wave my arms like a fool. My phone gave me an overheat message while it was in my back pocket.

This is the only native aspect of Texas I hate. We're going to the Frio River Thursday, and I don't care if it's flowing or not, the puddle by the cabin better be real ****ed frio!

Comment

I am getting readings of 145-148 on the turf out on the golf range. It may be a real good thing that football practice is not going on right now. No way to stay hydrated in 108 with 20 mph wind.

Comment

Working...
                                X