Doe w 6 fawns! What’s up w that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doe w 6 fawns! What’s up w that?

My son filmed this yesterday while jogging in Austin. Is this doe the designated baby sitter or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slut

Comment

Pronghorn use nursery groups for fawns all the time.

Instead of shaming that doe maybe call her a good babysitter miket.

Comment

The other mothers were probably close by. We see this all the time at my place. Just two days ago, we had 7 fawns out together with 1 doe but after about 15 minutes of the fawns running around, 4 more doe's came out. All these fawns and doe's bed in a thin patch of brush next to my place.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

Must be related to the "octomom!"

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting

Comment

I have seen this many times. I think the fawns want to hang out with other fawns, aka play, and end up congregating together. The mommas are usually within an earshot away.

Comment

yes just mothers day out program working

Comment

she isn't skinny enough for all of those to be hers!!! She is babysitting.

I did have a doe that had four fawns the same night another doe had three fawns right beside my house. I walked out the next morning and found six fawns with one doe, the other doe still looked fat. But the second doe was still carrying a third fawn she dropped about noon.

One of the quartet was 1.5# and died that night, another died a week later and two survived, both of those were 2.5# birthweight fawns.

Comment

I also used to have an older doe that would feed four at a time with a couple more trying to get in. Pretty comical to watch.

Comment

Fawn daycare

Comment

Looks like seven.

Comment

Working...
                          X