No announcement yet.

Grandparent Nicknames

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First grandchild gets the honor! I was looking forward to being "grandpa" like my dad and my grandpa. Best the kid could get out was peepaw, so here I am "peepaw" 4 times over and my wife is meemaw! I don't mind not being "grandpa" one little bit!

Comment

MiMi and PoPs here.

Comment

As first born of my family -- and being born in Germany, where both parents were studying -- my Dad's mother did NOT want to be Granny or any such thing, so became Oma. Other grandmother was Mimi. Both grandfathers were Grand-daddy.

Comment

Maye Maye and pappap here

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care and I'm easy. First kid asked when the time came and I said same. So now I'm Grampa to the first 5 grands. The last 2 (twins), just starting to talk, call me Papa, courtesy of Mrs. Lobo (Philiplno thing). They all Call her Lola which is Philipino for Grandma.

Comment

they asked what we preferred so we told them.

Comment

My kids call there grandparents, Pops & Sassy - Beau & BeBe

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
                  I chose Grand Daddy, so far it's stuck.
                  Our first is due in 3 weeks. He will ultimately decide what to call me - but I do like Grand Daddy!

Comment

I chose GATT GATT and it stuck

Comment

Originally posted by Rustled Again View Post
                      I wanted Pop but it morphed into Bop. Wife is Jenny morphed into Ninny. 4 grandkids and they are the best!!

My Jennie is also “Ninnie” to the grand babies. #4 is on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We picked all the names for the grand parents, except for my mom. She insisted that she be Gigi (gee-gee).

My dad was PawPaw, my stepmom is Grannie, Tina's mom is Grandma, Tina's grandma is Great Grandma. Luckily, Konnor is the only grandkid for all except my mom, so there wasn't any debate when we gave them their names.

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                        I think it goes either way. My wife and I just became grandparents for the first time 2 weeks ago, what a blessing! My wife has had her nickname picked out forever and I said I would let our granddaughter figure mine out. I dont really have a favorite I would want to be called. I think some of the best names are chosen by the kids.
                        I think you should go by your middle name ... T e r d!

Comment

Your wife is correct! The first grandchild will decide what you're called. My maternal grandmother wanted to be called Granny but my cousin Debbie couldn't say Granny, and so she was Ninnie from then on. My mother wanted to be Grammy but my oldest son pronounced it Mammy, so that's what her name is.

Comment

Our parents picked theirs....
                            We have a Babu (grandfather in Swahili) and Mamo, Pop Pop and Nana, and a Granddaddy and Mama Ouida.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                              I’m Grumps
                              My cousin's grandparent name is Grumpaw.

Comment

I picked mine. Paw. That is what my Kids called me any time they talked about me to my grandkids so that is what they all call me.

Comment

Working...
                                X