No announcement yet.

5 Stages Of Launching A Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest fuster cluck in the metroplex will be at Joe Pool lake Lynn Creek Marina. Won't matter whether they are going or coming. Probably be a couple of good fisticuffs before it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      My dad taught me to back the boat in when I was 12. We hardly got the trailer wet.

Covid quarantine allowed me time to teach the twins how to pull and back a trailer. It was also the first thing I taught their momma many years ago....well, maybe the second thing.[emoji4]

My wife can stab a trailer into a lane on a boat ramp as good as, if not better than, most of my buddies. Sure makes it easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As much experience as I have backing trailers and launching boats, I can't say that I haven't forgotten the plug a time or two. Before we built the boat house, my wife had to learn to back the trailer (empty). She didn't want to do it but, she learned and does it like a champ now.

Comment

My favorite is the 5 stages of happy hour!

Comment

Oh yea Powder burner. The old tie down trick! I’m like why won’t this B***x back off this trailer?!?! ;/. I don’t even put em on nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
              True story. 2 weeks ago. I go to take the family for an evening boat ride. I get everything lined out. Drinks snacks music gas life jackets that everyone is happy with.

Go to back in and the **** boat will not float off the trailer. Finally I remember the God **** strap. Pull it back out unhook it. And now its tight as hell since I jerked the boat half a dozen times. and it slides off beautifully.

And then I have to jump over the trailer because my son go tired of holding the rope and just walked away. **** boat was about to float into the other boats.

I get it all figured out go part the trailer and cool off for a minute. When I get out of my truck this old man walks up to me hands me a beer. says drink this before you go back down. Laughed and drove off.

I just shook my head, drank my beer and got on the boat.

then spent 100.00 on bungee boat ties and misc crap to not go down this road again... This weekend

Comment

my wife dented both sides of my rear bumper jack knifing the empy boat trailer...she didnt know how to back up and i knew this so my mistake. we launched. her job was to pull out in the truck, take a right drive down the road and park in front of the house. no backing up required. well she was nervous and passed the house ended up at a dead end and proceeded to dent the ever loving crap our of my bumper...repeatedly. a guy literally walked a few houses down and turned the truck around for her. she was very upset to say the least. she now knows how to back a boat in easily once she lines it up for a ramp and can even 90 it into spots with a few attempts. who would have thought she would have passed the house up? she was nervous and watching the mirrors making sure she wouldn't hit anything. literately the first time she was ever hooked to a trailer. i took full responsibility for putting her in that situation lol

Comment

Funny stuff

Comment

You have heard about the blond that took the boat back to the dealership? She couldn't get it to plane, salesperson said lets go see. She was just unhooking the trailer and running the boat around with the trailer strapped underneath.

Surly someone can reword this to a funny joke- I'm not a comedian.

Comment

Second customer up $40 so far in this thread. If it keeps going may cancel my plans this weekend and hang out at the ramp.

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      I could have use that 3 weeks ago. I drove the boat away and told her to call me when it was in the water. I just couldn't watch it.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Comment

That was pretty funny...since some of ya'll are sharing boat ramp stories, I'll play. Early one morning I pull up to the ramp at Calaveras on the southeast side of San Antonio. I was the first one in the park, so I dumped my boat, tied it up, and parked the truck. As I am walking back, a guy pulls up in a four door, long bed dually with a pontoon boat that was every bit of 38 feet long.

I always used my cast net and caught bait right at the launch if there wasn't a big crowd. So I was doing this and was witness to him backing it in beautifully, he even surprised me by scrambling onboard and firing it up and backing it off the trailer. He pulled it up to the dock, tied it off and got back in the truck to pull out and go park. This is where things got interesting.

Apparently the ramp at Calaveras was made for boats 36 foot or less. Or maybe the lake was down a couple of feet and he had to go in further that normal. Either way, he had backed off the end of the ramp, trailer was on the frame, tires were jammed up against the bottom edge of the ramp, and I don't think anything short of a Sherman tank would have jerked him out of there.

He and I are still the only ones in the park at this time. I walked over and volunteered to help, or at least stand there beside him and stare. I forgot to mention that this guy has a striking resemblance to Blue from the movie Old School. For those of you who haven't seen it, picture a slightly older Joe Biden. He bails off in the water and swims down to the back of his trailer to check things out. I wasn't sure how deep it was, so I was fairly concerned. He comes up after a good bit and has formulated a plan.

He told me that since the trailer frame is aluminium and pretty light, and since it has multiple set of tires on it to give it buoyancy, he thought he could just dive down there, lift the back end up, and I could pull the truck right out of there. So he convinced me to get in the truck, wait till he went under, count to ten, and then pour the coals to it.

That's what I did, and darned if it didn't work. He acted like it was no big deal. Never saw him again and never figured out how he got loaded because he was gone when I got back that afternoon. Looking back, there was a lot of ways that could have gotten ugly. Lots of good times at Calaveras.

Comment

Working...
                        X