Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

home routers. Netgear vs. Linksys vs. TP-Link...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home routers. Netgear vs. Linksys vs. TP-Link...suggestions?

It is time to upgrade my old router(Linksys) to the newer dual band ones. This is for home use, work and surfing for the most part. Little TV streaming, but not not enough ISP horse power to do heavy streaming.

Leaning towards the Netgear AC1750, possibly the TP link AC2300 or 2600.

anyone with recent experiences with these or others for the house?

Kinda looking like netgear. When I get back home from lease I'll get one.
    Last edited by Huntindad; 06-21-2020, 11:16 PM. Reason: Dang spell check

Comment

PM sent

Comment

I went with net gear ac 1750 and absolute hate it. It worked well to cover more area but cuts in and out constantly. Have tried resetting and changing the settings several time with no luck.

Comment

I have had all three TP Link has been then best hands down.

Comment

I got the Netgear Nighthawk Mesh from Costco and like it. The first reviews were not very good, but a firmware update in March fixed many, if not most, of the issues. The routers work very well and are WiFi 6 (even tho I currently have no WiFi 6 devices). I like having more than one bec/ I am always on the 5 GHz band and get 95+ MBPS in most the house.

Comment

I have a Asus GT-AX-11000 and have been very happy with it.

Comment

I just put in Eero routers. They connect with an Arris surfboard. Works fine so far.

Comment

I put in google mesh. I am happy with it.

Comment

I have been in IT for over 25 years and I have always had the best luck with D-Link.

Comment

I just installed a netgear mesh system. If your house is bigger than 1500 sq ft, I highly recommend mesh. If you're a buy once, cry once kind of person, make sure it supports wifi 6.

My speeds used to drop to 3-4mbps in certain areas of my house. I'm now rocking 300+ everywhere.

Comment

Bought the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 from BestBuy a few months ago and have been really satisfied with it.

Comment

google mesh system here. 4 kids large house and 100/100 fiber to the house. we do not have any issues with streaming, games etc.
                          easy to setup and manage

Comment

Lot of good info folks.when I get home will look into the mesh. May work well for my set ups my router is on one end of the house.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidekick View Post
                              Bought the Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 from BestBuy a few months ago and have been really satisfied with it.
                              Just bought this one myself, so far so good, but only time will tell. Its only two days old.

Comment

Working...
                              X